2nd Trimester

How many weeks were you when you found out.....

I have been seeing that some of you know what you are having (gender) and are earlier along then myself. One of you just posted you find out on the 9th and you are only 13 weeks now? My MD is making me wait until 20 weeks (either way that is right around the corner) but we are just getting anxious! Geesh! I want to know.

Re: How many weeks were you when you found out.....

• 19 weeks.  I think you can only guess the gender before 17 weeks or so...but after 18 you can make out a clearer answer to the boy or girl question, ykwim?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The first time I found out around 19 weeks....this time will probably be around the same
  • Loading the player...
  • 17w, 3days, you could see her privates right there and clear!
  • 20w1d at our anatomy scan. My OB tried to look at our 18week appointment, but she wouldn't uncross her legs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 20 weeks is the "norm"... My dr said he wouldn't do an anatomy u/s earlier than 18 weeks, and he wouldn't give a gender opinion until then either. He feels that it's not accurate until that point. One opinion of many
  • I found out at 16 weeks. It just so happens that because if my high risk status I have to have ultrasounds ever 4 weeks.
    DS: 12-17-10
    DD: 06-10-15 (32 weeker)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was 17 weeks with DD and I'll be 17 weeks with this one. We go to an elective u/s place for gender determination- not because we're all that impatient, but because the people and atmosphere is so nice, it makes for a really special occasion.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I was 16w, 2d.  It was pretty evident, and it was confirmed at my anatomy scan this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doc gave me a "very confident, but don't paint the room yet" guess at 14weeks5days. We confirmed it at 19 weeks. My kid is a show off.
  • Its better to wait and find out around 20wks bc its a lot more visible and accurate. However I found at 15wks I was having a little boy :)
  • My anatomy scan is scheduled for 19 weeks, but I'm having amnio next week, so I'll find out earlier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got a guess at 11w6d, and the same guess at 13w1d (that one seemed pretty clear) but we won't consider it confirmed until 20 weeks.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I made an appointment at an elective u/s place for next friday, I'll be 16 weeks, I know nothing will be for sure, but my hubby is currently living in a different state and he wont be able to come to my 20 week scan, so we figured we'll try to find out early. The place I found does the "gender check" for $39 and you can't beat that!!!
  • I found out at 18 weeks (elective u/s) and confirmed again at my anatomy scan at 18w 4d.
  • 17 weeks.  But, I really thought it was a girl about 14 weeks, and same with DS...  So, if you feel that your having a specific gender, I tend to think, your maybe right.
  • I go in for mine on Tuesday... I'll be 17w 6d.  Let's hope baby is cooperative!
  • Mine is scheduled at 18w2d. My OB said he would not do an u/s before 18 weeks.
  • I had an NT at 13 weeks exactly and was told that there was no evidence of 'boy parts'--and also saw the 'beginning of 3 lines'. But also not to paint the room quite yet. I must admit I did buy 3 onsies though.

But while on vacation, I visited the OB office I used to work in and have had 2 US's, both confirming that she is a girl---at 15 6/7 and today at 17 weeks.

The complete morphology scan can be most accurately done after 19 weeks gestation. I had VERY experienced Sonos scanning me while visiting and there were still areas they wouldnt 'call' because of being too early for a 'real morph scan'. With that said, I would take anything that you are told prior to 15 weeks, as far as sex is concerned, as an educated guess. Obviously the more experience, the better the guess will be.

• 19 weeks, almost 20
  • I was exactly 20 weeks.
  • Yep, we were 20 weeks too. It did seem to take forever till that appointment but man, has time flown since then!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• We had an elective ultrasound at 15w6d and it was very clear that we were having a boy. It was later "confirmed" at our doctor requested ultrasound at 20 weeks.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found out that we were having a boy at 12 weeks 4 days. I was having an NT scan and the ultrasound machine was FANTASTIC. The tech said she was 95% sure by the angle of the little pee-pee (both genders have outward genitals at that time). I'm 22 weeks on the dot and he's still a boy!
  • with DD1, I was 19w, with this one, I found out definitively at 13w2d - I had genetic testing done this time though b/c of a bad NT scan.
  • I was 21 weeks with DS and will be 19 weeks 2 days with this one.  At 13 weeks, I think they can only make a guess that is not too accurate, because both sexes still look a lot alike.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 23 Weeks. Baby  Girl was shy the first time around at 19 weeks.
  • We found out at 18 wks,3 days...she was a total show off too!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 17 weeks
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• 18 Weeks. .. I had u/s at 13w6d and 14w4d, and the doctor and u/s tech would not even attempt to figure out what the sex was.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We went for a NT scan at 15 weeks and there it was, loud and clear! I think it is easier to tell boys because it just kind of jumps right at you! We werent expecting to find out that early. We have our 20w ultrasound Tuesday and will confirm what we already know!
  • 18 weeks 4 days! The tech had me roll to my side and back to get her to uncross her legs! Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We got "it looks like it's a girl, but can't be 100% certain" at our 16 week ultrasound.  It was confirmed at the 20.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

"Cherish your furbabies today because there might not be a tomorrow"

Heaven has another angel. RIP Bubba 2/15/09 - 9 Months Old

Godspeed Apache "Boo Boo" 2/2/09 - 2 1/2 Years Old
    Rest in peace my sweet Angel. 11/05/08 - 2 Years Old

• We found out in the 12th week. But that's because I had a CVS and they were looking at the sex chromosomes along with everything else. When they called to let me know the CVS results, they asked if we wanted to know and we did.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was 16 weeks when we found out this time and 18 weeks when we found out last time.
  • I didn't find out until 22 weeks.
  • 18w5d. They guessed at 11w5d, but they were wrong! 
  • 19 weeks 4 days! Definantly another girl! Not a lot of changes to make! Love It!
  • My dr. guessed at like 17 weeks & it was confirmed at our big ultrasound at 19 weeks. He was right. :)
  • We went to a 3D place at 18wks 5 days and found out there. It was verrry clear at that point. The 3D place said they would not do gender determination before the 18wk mark. We got boy again at our anatomy sacn at 21 wks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"