Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: What did you do for your first Anniversary...Poll

• I think that a get-a-way is a great idea, especially with a baby at home!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We rarely exchange gifts for anything: birthdays, Christmas, etc. so I don't find it strange at all.

We take a trip for our anniversary every year.

• Loading the player...
  • We take a trip every year on our anniversary! Just a small weekend get away. this year we didn't because Myla was to little to leave her, we just exchanged cards and had a nice dinner instead~
  • MH graduated from college.  I got him a photo book of our first year of marriage.  I can't remember what he got me.  And the next day, the movers came to load up our apartment to move cross country.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 7 months pregnant so we just went out to dinner...had plans to see a movie but I axed that part of the night bc I was NOT about to sit in a theater chair for 2+ hours. :)
  • We got married in June and Fertile Myrtle over here had a baby in April (that's not a complaint, we were trying). Anyway, our first anniversary was also DH's first Father's Day, so we went to a nice dinner and enchanged gifts. They were sort of Mother's-Father's Day/Anniversary gifts. DH got me another wedding band (so now I have one on each side) and I got DH a garage makeover (super romantic).

• I honestly have no idea what we did.  I'm sure we went out to dinner, but beyond that I can't remember.  Tongue Tied
  • We went to Chicago and I got pregnant.  So a trip and a present.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • We went to Atlantic CIty for a night- my parents watched the baby. I had a spa day and he got to gamble :). I upgraded his wedding band ( since he origfinal one was a 95 dollar ring from JC penny). He didnt get me anything but I told him ahead of time that my spa day was my gift. I woulld go with the getaway if you feel you need the time away. A night of not getting up was amazing for me!!
  • Dont say that..i got married in June too and had a baby in april.. she is the best gift ever
  • I said the baby was the gift because she literally was! I found out I was pregnant the day before our first anniversary. I have DH the test as a "gift" But aisde from that we just went out to dinner and took the weekend off to do a bunch of nothing. No other gifts
  • Our baby was literally our gift, too...we brought her home from the hospital on our first anniversary!!
  • We didn't have a baby at the time but we went to the Riveria Maya in Mexico. It was awesome! And actually it is our 5 year anniversary today :)
  • we don't do gifts for any holidays (bdays, christmas, anniversary). We do experiences, too.

For our one year, we went on cruise in the med (we were living in Europe at the time). We got back on our 1 year....and thats the day I got my BFP.

People are weird about gifts. SO many people tell DH that the no gift thing is a trap and that I'll get upset if he doesn't get me a gift. WTF? Not all girls are that materialistic.

• We never exchange anniversary gifts.  We usually just go on a date or weekend trip or something instead.  It's a time to celebrate us so I feel that giving one another individual gifts isn't really necessary.  We just want to be together.

image image
  • broomybroomy member
    I was 7 months pregnant on our anniversary. We went out for dinner at Mimi's, haha! Super casual, but I was craving the french onion soup! We're sticking with traditional gifts each year. Year one is paper, so I gave him a journal for logging all his homebrewing recipes/experiments, plus a card game he used to play with friends and really missed (Munchkin). He gave me a second print (1958? 59?) copy of my favorite book, Lolita.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I think going away is gift enough.  Our first anniversary was also my first mother's day, so we kind of just combined them.  I got flowers from "my boys" and we all went out to dinner as a family.  It was otherwise a really relaxing day (and DH did all the diapers!).  I did not get DH anything, but he said he would rather have a father's day present. *I got him a collage mug from shutterfly.com and it turned out great!  I took pics of DS with some of daddy's favorite hats on, they are really cute.*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We agreed not to get each other anything.  But we did exchange cards (I guess that counts since the first anniversary present is paper, right?).  I was on bed rest on our anniversary so we weren't even able to go out.  My sister was awsome and made us dinner and we had our cake (which tasted just as good as our wedding day).
  • Our first anniversary was 19 days after I had little man. I had been in and out of the hospital for 2 weeks before he was born, and I was there for a week afterward. Needless to say, picking out gifts wasn't really at the top of our priority list. Our anniversary was on a Monday, so my parents watched the baby so we could go out to dinner during the weekend.
  • I guess I'm a SS. We did exchange gifts, went out to dinner and we were in Key West at the time :)
  • We went to the same place we had our honeymoon...the Bahamas!
  • We were married in Las Vegas, so we went back for a long weekend for our first anniversary.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"