Trying to Get Pregnant

Who is in their early 20s? Non-clicky poll

So I have definitely been feeling like the youngest one here lately and was wondering if there were any others in their 20s. How old are you? YH? How long have you been married? How long have you been TCC? Does anyone question about marriage and babies since your so young?

Re: Who is in their early 20s? Non-clicky poll

• DH and I are both 26.

We've been married 3 years.

Honestly, most people think we've waited a long time. Most of our friends and family of similar age already have kids.

• I'm 25.. does that count as early 20's? We have been married for 2 years and he's 28. The only questions/comments we get are 'when are you starting a family?'

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 22, DH is 24. I'll be 23 in September.

We've almost been married a year. TTC since April. 

No one questioned our marriage because we've been together almost nine years, but people have lots to say about TTC. Some think we'd be crazy to give up our 20s to raising children. Others don't understand why I'm not pregnant yet. And, I have to endure lots of "So when are you two going to have kids?" questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 22. DH 25. Married 4+ years. 2nd month TTC. We aren't telling anyone, but since we've been married awhile, have a house, have great careers, and are financially prepared...I don't think anyone will think we're too young once we get our BFP. In fact, several family members keep hinting that they want us to have a baby. I usually pretend not to notice the comments and ignore them though.
    Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ella85Ella85 member

I am 25 does that count as young 20's??

DH is 27 we have been married for 2 years and just started TTC. A lot of our family think we should wait, but we dont care. (MY Mom)

Oh and no one questioned our marriage everyone thought we were ready for that. We had been together 6 years.

Married 8-02-08

After 3 years TTC with PCOS and two losses Olivia Nikelle was born 4-08-13

TTC #2 Since August 2014

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm 24, DH is 27, and we celebrated our third wedding anniversary this past May.

People questioned us a LOT about getting married since I was only 18 when we got engaged, but now that we've been married for a while, we are starting to get a lot of "when are you going to start your family?" kind of questions. I've even had women ask me if everything is "all right" and stare at my stomach while asking!

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am 24
  • I am 26 DH is 28.Married almost 2 years and some people say we should wait as long as possible till we have children. We of course don't listen to those people.

• Mh and I are both 25, married just over 8 1/2 months, on our 9th cycle ttc and no one really questions it.. they are now just wondering when it will happen since so many ppl know we are trying and we have huge families...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 24, and DH is 25. We've been married a little over 2 months, but we've been together 2 years. This is our first month ttc. Our Parents ask us all the time when are y'all going to have a baby. But my family (aunts, cousins, and other) tells us..DONT have kids wait for atleast 2-3 yrs...but we are ready now. I believe it's your decision..not their's.  
    BFP~9/23/10 M/C @ 7 wks~10/7/10 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers <a href="http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/grits2486/?action=view
  • tosh24tosh24 member

In the next month, DH will be 30 and I will be 27...hmpf, guess that doesn't count as early 20's anymore, does it? where did the time go?

We've been married for just over 4 years and have a DD who's 3. EVERYONE asks us when we're going to have another. I tell them we're not. That shuts them up quite nicely.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I am 24, DH is 29. We have been married almost a year, TTC about 3 months. I think our families think we should wait, but we own our home, both work full time, are semi-comfortable financially and have wonderful suppoort around us. My mom hints a lot about wanting us to have a baby, but I my dad is a supervisor at my place of employment and I think he will be less excited.  My sister was married in 2006 had a baby in 2008 and divorced in 2009, and she and my nephew are now living with my parents so I think my family worries that for us, but we are different people and fully commited to each other.

Probably more than the question was, but feels good to let it all out sometimes LOL!

Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 22 and DH is 28... We are on cycle number 2. I get people that say we are wayyy to young, but i guess i just dont want to be 40 and have 2 year old. Our parents had us young and did just fine. I want my children to be able to know their grandparents and i want to have enough energy to play with my kids..

• StucasStucas member

I'm 24, my DH will be 31 this summer. We have been married over a year and a half and have been TTC for 5 months.

Nobody thinks we're too young, but then again it might be different if DH was my age. 

• I am 26, DH is 27.  We've been married a little over a year.  We've been TTC since my April/May cycle.  Our friends ask when we are going to have kids, but our families tell us to wait until we are at least 30.  This is why some of our friends know we are TTC and our families are left out of the loop.
  • So I am 23 my DH is 23

We have been together for 6 years and married just over a month 

We started TTC in March 2008 (I have PCOS and were worried it might take awhile) 

Everyone in the family was VERY excited for the wedding.  6 years is a very long time to date lol.  We've heard a few comments here and there about waiting and they aren't ready to be great-so and so's yet.  But I think when it happens everyone will be excited for us.  What is comes down to is it our decision.  And we are really excited  

• I am 26 and DH is 28. We have a three year old. So we started young too I guess most would say. But we have been together for eleven years, so we thought it was about time :) We have been TFAS since April of 2009.
  • imagetosh24:

In the next month, DH will be 30 and I will be 27...hmpf, guess that doesn't count as early 20's anymore, does it? where did the time go?

We've been married for just over 4 years and have a DD who's 3. EVERYONE asks us when we're going to have another. I tell them we're not. That shuts them up quite nicely.

This is what I was thinking too. I'm 28 and DH is turning 30 next week. We've been married for 2 years and just started TTC.

• I'm 25 (26 in November). I'm not so sure that's early 20s and for the first time ever, that makes me feel bad. I'm usually one of those people who don't let aging bother me! Confused DH is 26.

DH and I have been married since November and this is our third cycle TTC. We're always asked when we're having a baby b/c we've been together for almost six years. We just tell people we'll have one when we have one!

• I'm 23, DH is 29 & we've been married almost 2 years. We have a 1 year old DD & I was hoping to be pg before her birthday. This is our first cycle temping & using OPKs but we've been "not avoiding" since DD was a couple months old. We didn't know how long it would take to conceive again but I can already tell that charting/temping is going to make a huge difference in both my knowledge of my body & getting the timing right.
    I was 21 when we got married, (we got engaged after 10 months of dating), w/all the support in the world from our families - which are both huge. They can't wait for us to have another LO & neither can we! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 20, DH is 23. our birthdays are in November. Next month is our 2 year anniversary. Together for 4 years. People ask all the time why were so young, and think we have kids already. All my friend thinking I'm crazy for wanting a baby so young, which is why they don't know were TTC.
  • I am 23 and DH will be 24 in November. We have been married for almost 2 years (2 years in October). We have a beautiful baby girl who is 8 months old. We are thinking about going ttc with #2.
  • We're both 22, soon to be 23 this Fall. We got married at 20. We get a lot of comments about making sure we enjoy ourselves and that we're young and don't have to rush babies. Then again some are always wanting to know if we're trying or what. We're both focusing on trying to get healthy and enjoying ourselves right now. That and I'm learning how to chart since I'm fresh off bcp
  • I'm 24, DH is 29 (going to be 30 in September!). Our 4th anniversary is coming up in August, and we've only been TTC for about a month. I got married at 20, and yes some ppl questioned my age, but I think it made a difference that we weren't both 20- DH had a steady good-paying job and a house when he proposed, and he's 5.5 years older than me. And, I'm mature for my age. Wink

As for babies, I don't think 24 is young, and neither do any of our friends. They're all getting getting KU, and they want us to join them!

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• I am 22(will be 23 in November), DH is 25. We have been married for 9 months(10/17/09). This is our 2nd month TTC.

We were engaged for 2 years before we got married. We dated a year before we got engaged. When we got engaged, we just knew that we would want children, and as soon as it would happen.

Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • I'm 22 (23 in December), DH is 24. We were married a year on the 4th of July and together nearly 8. No one questioned us getting married because of everything we've been through together (2 combat deployments, 3 years apart) they figured if we could make it through that than we can deal with anything. 

We've just started to actively TTC this cycle. Our families can't wait for us to have kids, they make comments about it all the time (it's not bothering me yet...but I'm sure if we don't get pregnant right away it will start to). 

• I will be 27 August 2nd, so definitely not in my early 20's anymore. :( My DH is 27. We will be married for 2 years in October.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Both 24, got married at 22. I have a 3 y o but even if we didn't I think people would still be expecting us to have kids young because it fits our personality. We have a very "traditional" type family even if we aren't. We have technically been TTC since April/Mayish. And no one IRL questions me about anything :)
  • I am 23 and my DH is 25

We've been married for 3 1/2 yrs and have a one year old son.

I'm sure some people think we are nuts but we are at a wonderful place in our life (financially, job stability, house, etc).  Our son is absolutely the best thing ever and I cannot wait to add another!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilangelfac13:
    I'm 20, DH is 23. our birthdays are in November. Next month is our 2 year anniversary. Together for 4 years. People ask all the time why were so young, and think we have kids already. All my friend thinking I'm crazy for wanting a baby so young, which is why they don't know were TTC.

I'm 20 also, and DH is 22. We've been together 4 years, and married almost 1 month. 

• I'm 23, DH is 25.  (I'll be 24 in September, he will be 26 in January.)  We've been married for just over a year, been together five years, and we've been TTC for 4 cycles now.  No one really questions us because we have our shiit together (brand new house, good jobs, financially stable, happy.)
  • OMG, I totally just had to ask DH how old I am. Goodness. Anyway, apparently I'm 24. We started dating when I was 17 and DH was 19, moved in together at 19, got engaged at 20, married at 21 and got pg with DD when I was 22 (I had my birthday a couple weeks after we found out). We're TTC no. 2 now. We live near DC where the average age at first marriage is 29 for women, so I do feel out of place here occasionally, though I've only had something directly said to me a handful of times. We're from rural CT and at this point, many of our friends are married and/or have kids, so it's not as weird there. Our families have always supported us 100% in both our marriage and our TTC.

I will say that I always felt very weird about seeing the RE (and still do) at my age. I suppose it's not completely bonkers to go to the RE at 24, but when I first started going at 22, that was pretty young. I actually had to go to the ER once for sharp pains in my lower abdomen and I explained that I had overstimulated on a fertility meds cycle and was worried about ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and the ER doctor looked at me like I had about 3 heads and shrieked "Why would you want to be on fertility drugs at 22???" I kind of thought it would be obvious why I'd be on fertility meds....but of course, if I had come in unwed and pregnant at the same age, I bet she wouldn't bat an eye. *eye roll*

• I'm 26 so not "early" 20's anymore... but still mid 20's I guess. DH is turning 26 tomorrow... we've been together almost 11 years, since we were 15!

We've been married 2 years, and are about to start TTC #1.

Even though I'm not in my early 20's anymore I still feel young to be starting a family. Where DH and I live, it is very common for people to wait until late 20's/early 30's to get married and start a family. We were both 24 when we got married and bought a house... definitely the first out of all of our friends to do both of those things. If we have a baby within the next year, we are likely to be the first out of our friends to start a family. 

I feel like if you're at a place in your life and in your relationship where you feel ready to start a family, then age shouldn't matter. 

• I am 24. DH is 26. We've been together coming up on 7 years, and we'll hit our first wedding anniversary this Halloween. I just stopped my BC, so after this menstrual cycle ends we'll officially begin TTC.

I constantly receive surprised reactions of, "You're married? You look too young to be married!" which I suppose is a compliment (hopefully I'm still hearing that in 10+ years) but what annoys the crap out of me is that a lot of times what follows is: "Oh, so how long have you been married?" and then the inevitable "Any kids?" A few times I've gotten "How long have you been married? So, then how old are your kids?" Like, so just because you think that I look or am too young to be married in your opinion, that means that I had to have had a shotgun wedding? How classy. It irritates me to no end.

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • I'm 23, DH is 27. We have been married for almost a year and together for 7. YIPES that seems like a long time when I say it out loud. This is our first cycle TTC and we are both extatic about our decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"