February 2011 Moms

Short of breath.

So I was all panicked thinking something was really wrong with me until I just read this is a symptom of a pregnancy in the 1st trimester.  Anyone else dealing with this?

I was trying to talk on my cell earlier while walking to my car and was out of breath!  Crazy.

Re: Short of breath.

• i've had that as well. i am overweight so that has been a minor issue already however it was never this bad. i use to take multiple trips up and down my basement steps with no issue. now one time can tire me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• YES!! I feel like a lazy fatty mcfatfat.I live in a 2story home and normally, going up the flight of stairs is nothing- I could whip up them in a matter of seconds. Now, I get dizzy AND breathless going up them at an easy pace! Eek! I was on the phone to my DH the other day and I had to go upstairs to get a bill, and I was out of breath when I got to his office. He asked, "What happened, were you just running?" I was like, um, no... I'm pg.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness, I seem to always be out of breath. I had no idea this was a symptom of pregnancy. Thanks for this post.
  • I get short of breath very easily.  Just going up the stairs gets me winded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me too!  I have two sets of stairs in my house and often take the stairs at work but now i'm too winded to talk when  I get up the stairs. this is a problem at work since I'm usually going up the stairs to go and meet with clients.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had this since the beginning.  Yesterday doing running around in the heat it was much worse.  Carrying everything into my bi-level took A LOT out of me.  By the time I got the cold stuff in I just stood there trying to breathe, then sat down with a glass of ginger ale.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i had it with both of my pregnancies but it goes away.  i bet in another week or so you won't have it.  the first pregnancy i too was concerned b/c it seemed unusual but it has something to do with hormones.  go figure.  everything has something to do with hormones!
  • Yes!  I was in great shape pre-pregnancy, but recently find myself panting after one flight of stairs.  It does seem to be getting better though the last few days.
  • I went to the gym a couple of times this week and walked on the treadmill--just at a 4.0 and a 1.5 incline--not that tough. Got totally out of breath and dizzy....I took down the incline and it was more do-able.

Dizziness was actually my very first pregancy sympton. About 3 or 4 days before I found out I was preggos, I thought I had a vertigo or something. I was really dizzy...The doc said it's normal and when you feel like that you should lay down with feet elevated.

• That happens to me often.  I was VERY active until the 6th week of pregnancy.  Then I started with the extreme vomiting and nausea, tiredness and of course shortness of breath.  The extreme nausea is starting to go away but I am very tired and get short of breath just climbing the stairs, it's crazy but it's all a part of being pregnant :o)  That little bundle growing in there needs all our extra engergy to keep growing strong....or at least that's what I keep telling myself :o)
  • Yes, just in the last week or so.  I was teaching a class and I kept feeling like I was going to faint because I wasn't breathing enough.  And I swoon every time I get up too fast.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • I have been having the same problem. I didn't realize it was a first tri thing, whew!!!

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I'm having the same issue. I also freaked out at first thinking something was wrong, but I also just felt out of shape. I would climb the stairs at home and would be painting like a mad woman. I hope this goes away in the 2nd tri.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"