1st Trimester

Got a slight zap when I touched an electrical cord- nervous!

Anyone know anything about this? I went to pick up the cord to my dehumidifyer to move it out of the way and I didn't hear anything but I think I felt a slight tingly feeling in my finger and then to another finger in my other hand. It happened so fast that I had to stop and think afterwards if I really felt it or I just imagined it. It was making a light zapping sound afterwards (It was plugged into an extension cord) and thats where the sound was coming from. Should I be concerned (I am not even 6 weeks yet) if I only felt a slight tingle for a split second? Of course I am upset and worried about this damaging the pregnancy- Anyone have any insight or have a similar experience? Thanks!

Re: Got a slight zap when I touched an electrical cord- nervous!

• You're fine.
  • I somehow zapped myself with the prongs on the plug of my hair straightener when I was pregnant with DS and he turned out fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah...you're fine.

chill chill.

• If you didn't have 106 posts I would totally call MUD.  

Unless your fetus is in your finger, you're fine.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• yes, I think you're fine
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • I wish I had something for this one, but I really don't have anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • htomeohtomeo member

I am going to jump here from another board, just to let you know....

You should not have the thing plugged into an extension cord. It should be plugged straight into the wall. If it is plugged into an extension cord, it is a fire hazard. 

That being said..... I do believe you will be fine.

• I stand corrected. There is such a thing as a stupid question.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • You will be fine, but I would check the extension cord to make sure your house doesn't catch fire.
  • Unless you were to take a bath with the dehumidifier + extension cord + your toaster... your baby will be fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh noes!!!! Now your baby's hair will stand up for the rest of his/her life!!!!!

• I would call the doctor just to make sure everything is ok.  You had an electrical current go through your body so of course that could effect the fetus.

Your question isn't dumb.  everyone's answers were. ::putting on flame retardant suit:: 

• imageMastroK:

I would call the doctor just to make sure everything is ok.  You had an electrical current go through your body so of course that could effect the fetus.

Your question isn't dumb.  everyone's answers were. ::putting on flame retardant suit:: 

Wow.

• imagenicoleandadam:
    I somehow zapped myself with the prongs on the plug of my hair straightener when I was pregnant with DS and he turned out fine.

His eyes are awful sparkly and he's quite cute, you know.  Maybe the zap did it?

::searches for frayed electrical cord::

;)

• You ladies do realize that an electric current WENT THROUGH HER BODY, right?  Anyone with any first aid training would know what b/c they teach about electrical burns and entrance and exit wounds.  Be educated on something before you be a ***.  And as parents, you should have basic certifications in CPR and First Aid.  Just sayin.

To the OP, I agree you should call your OB just to make sure everything is alright.

• imagesungirl5150:

You ladies do realize that an electric current WENT THROUGH HER BODY, right?  Anyone with any first aid training would know what b/c they teach about electrical burns and entrance and exit wounds.  Be educated on something before you be a ***.  And as parents, you should have basic certifications in CPR and First Aid.  Just sayin.

To the OP, I agree you should call your OB just to make sure everything is alright.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imageMrsTotty:
    imagesungirl5150:

You ladies do realize that an electric current WENT THROUGH HER BODY, right?  Anyone with any first aid training would know what b/c they teach about electrical burns and entrance and exit wounds.  Be educated on something before you be a ***.  And as parents, you should have basic certifications in CPR and First Aid.  Just sayin.

That.Is.Awesome. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i'm sure your fine, but i'll bet your baby comes out with curly hair!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"