Baby Names

What's the most off the wall name your DH has suggested?

For a girl, my DH just suggested, wait for it.....

PATINA 

and go! 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
~DD Born! 2013~
~DD due! 2015~

Re: What's the most off the wall name your DH has suggested?

• Hawk, is probably the most off the wall name that DH has suggested.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Aspen.

Yeah. He wasn't allowed to suggest after that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well . . . hmm, he once went on and on about how "awesome" it would be to name one of our children "The" Something, like "The Flash" or "The Sequel." I'm sure he was joking, but left to his own devices, he just might do it.
  • imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Aspen.

Yeah. He wasn't allowed to suggest after that.

lol, I usually don't like place names but that is one of my guilty pleasure names ;) 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• He loves Wolfgang.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Caine

Maybe not a bad name for some, but really, really nms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • He likes Nevaeh.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My husband jokingly said we should name our first child Thing 1, and then if we had another one, Thing 2. But he was totally serious, when I was pregnant the first time, he said Tierid (Tai-reed) for a boy or Geanelle (Geen-el) for a girl. I have no idea what my husband was thinking!!! 

Needless to say, I ended choosing both baby names. He could only say yes or no to my over-approved  options.

• DH is notorious for ridiculous name suggestions and people believe him.

Toro

Matador

or, our last name as the kids first name also.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    a little bit of life : A blog about the life of a working, crafting, adventuring family of 4.
  • DH loves the name Lily with a family middle name for a possible DD #2 ? Evans. Lily Evans.

DD#1 is Molly.

Molly and Lily Evans. 

Harry Potter fans will recognize this as unacceptable. Whenever he brings this up, I joke about DD #3: "Mrs. Granger."

• Cash, I think he was joking, but I'm not sure :)
  • ames71ames71 member

Dodge Challenger.

He was kidding (I think). 

• hector, or to use maximus danger as the middle name...WTH? LOL NOOOOOOOOOO way honey!!
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • DH truly wants to name the baby Ishmael.  It is nms at all but I might be able to understand it if it fit with our heritage (which it does not) or if he was a die hard fan of it secondary to a literary reference but..... No.  we're Irish and he didn't know what i meant when i mentioned literary reference.  we've been fighting about it, he is willing to "settle for Jesse James."  ummm, still no. sorry.
  • Jokingly...  Jeju, Duod, Illy (for the first names of our three future children) After the different parts of the intestines.

Seriously...Alil (for a girl) His name he made up when he was a teenager and absolutely loves. Direct quote, " It's a twist on the word allele, yet so pretty and delicate".

I'm thinking two nerds in health professions will take the cake for this thread :)

• I came back because I remember he once suggested the Tariq (Tah-reek).
  • Calypso for a girl or

Rock for a boy. 

Indifferent

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I told DH about the Optimus Prime post (he's a Transformers nut), and now he has a new favourite. My fault, really- I should have known. Stick out tongue
  • Islynn (I lynn)  so weird :)
  • imageHappyMrsK:
    Cash, I think he was joking, but I'm not sure :)

My neighbor named her DS Kash.  It fits him somehow :-) 

• So DH likes Bea, Mabel and Gertrude.  I shot those down pretty quickly.
  • Finbar for a boy!
  • Marcia... After his Mother. Awful name, awful woman.
  • LESLIE.  For our son.  And totally dead serious.

It's his 90yo grandpa's name, which is sweet, but this is the man that worries I'm going to turn the boys into girls and softies.  For someone so butch and manly, he sure is comfy with a name that is GUARANTEED to get our son beat up!

• Nothing really off the wall but his first choices all seemed like 80s names-Holly, Robyn, Brennan, Brianna.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • DH really, and I mean REALLY likes the name Tiara...

I told him absolutely not. Not even for a middle name.  

• Fulcon. WTH is a Fulcon?! A terrible name, that's what it is. Yikes!

Luckily we pretty have pretty much agreed on every other name though  :)

• Atlas and Striker.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My husband suggested Atticus, and I said no way! He said it would grow on me(and it did). Now, I have fallen in love with that name and it looks like we will have a little baby Atticus. 
  • DH said Petunia.(like the flower)?? . . (sorry bout spelling!) I told him he is allowed to name nothing . .  lol
  • DH suggested Storm.  That just spells moody child to me. 
  • Indigo!  And he was DEAD SERIOUS... and he still likes it for the next baby!  NOOOO!
  • DH jokingly suggested Asdrubal, after a MLB baseball player.
  • imageJinsy80:
    He likes Nevaeh.

uh oh... you may have to beat that out of him!

DX - Endometriosis 2007, PCOS 2010 TTC since July 13, 2010 50mg unmonitored clomid oct 2010 = BFN 50mg unmonitored clomid dec 2010 = BFN Lap to remove endo and HSG march 2011 = tubes clear and very little had returned. 50mg MONITORED Clomid Sept 2011 (10 tablets) + trigger shot = 3 mature follies but BFN 50mg Monitored Clomid Oct 2011 (5 tablets this time) = BFN turned BFP 9th november 2011! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJ's Jen:
    My husband suggested Atticus, and I said no way! He said it would grow on me(and it did). Now, I have fallen in love with that name and it looks like we will have a little baby Atticus. 

it only took 2 seconds to grow on me.  i've got to steal this for my list.  kiss you husband for me!  Wink

• I know a baby named Atlas. Shockingly, it was his father's idea.

My husband loves Tecumseh, Yeats and Magnus.

• imageplunderb:

DH loves the name Lily with a family middle name for a possible DD #2 ? Evans. Lily Evans.

DD#1 is Molly.

Molly and Lily Evans. 

Harry Potter fans will recognize this as unacceptable. Whenever he brings this up, I joke about DD #3: "Mrs. Granger."

This made me smile. :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • H loved the name Alabama...

• For a boy: Heisman
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh and for a girl: Trezure (like Treasure, but with a Z)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"