3rd Trimester

If you're team green...

are you taking one g/n outfit for baby to come home or one girl and one boy outfit?  With DD we took a g/n outfit that I really loved but I have yet to find a g/n outfit that I love for this one. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If you're team green...

• Ditto. Couldn't find a g/n that I loved.  So we picked up a girl & boy.
  • I am doing a g/n outfit!
  • Loading the player...
  • pwfpwf member
    we got one of each.
    Busy's First Trip to Ireland May 2011
  • After much searching for the "perfect" outfit, I went to a second hand store, they nicely had their clothes sorted by color, I picked out two white outfits, one has ducks on it and one has the outlines of bears on it. NB and 0-3 mos. I wanted the "perfect" outfit cause i wanted to put it into a shadow box in the baby's room, but any outfit will do, cause it's not the outfit that makes the moment.
  • I love the idea of bringing a girl and a boy outfit! I can't believe that never occured to me...I will now be doing that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were told that baby was 70% likely a girl, so we're taking a girl outfit and a neutral outfit. My girl outfit was a present from my aunt, but I had the hardest time finding the neutral outfit too. I finally settled on a yellow ducky outfit from the Carter's outlet but it's mostly just a white onesie with yellow pants that have ducks for feet and a little long sleeved tee-shirt like jacket thing. Even Carter's only had one small rack of neutral baby clothes.
  • I am not team green and maybe I'm absolutely crazy in my nostalgia but....

In the 80's they had these twin babies dolls that they marketed. You didn't know whether they were boy dolls, girl dolls, or one of each at the time of purchase. The gimmick was taking them home and using ice water to reveal a "tattoo" on the baby that indicated boy or girl. Then you'd take off the diaper cover and hat. The boy baby would have a blue diaper and be bald. The girl baby would have a pink diaper and a little tuft of hair with a pink ribbon in it.

My point? I'm not sure! LOL I guess just part of the fun of the surprise was seeing how obviously boy or girl the dolly was after the big reveal. I think if I were team green I'd really enjoy a super girly or super boyish outfit for my LO to announce to the world that I had a son/daughter!

Regardless of if you go g/n or not, just find something that makes you feel good. It's what's under the cute little outfit that counts anyway Smile

• We'll be buying a boy outfit and a girl outfit...just waiting until more fall clothes are out, since I'm due Oct.2 
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• One of each (we aren't 100% sure that #2 is a boy). I have a really cute girl's sleeper from when DS was born since we were team green then, too. I still need to get a boy outfit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm just bringing some thing g/n.  Nothing too extravagant - it doesn't really matter to me!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was thinking about getting one of each outfit, but my MIL just bought a nice g/n outfit for baby, so I decided to use that instead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Bringing one of each. Going shopping tonight as a matter of fact. 
  • We are using the same g/n outfit that DS came home in.  I thought it would be cute to use the same, plus I didn't find any others that I really liked.
  • My hospital is right across the street from a mall. Last time my mom went and picked up some girl stuff after she was born, so I'll probably send her to do the same this time too! 
  • My daughter (3.5) and my Mom will go pick out a coming home outfit once the baby is born.  I figure it might help my daughter feel more involved.  We've been talking a lot about her picking the baby's outfit, and she's excited (at least she is right now Stick out tongue).
  • 2 boy/2 girl. (one preemie, one newborn)  My daughter was only 6lbs4oz and was swimming in her nb outfit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"