Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

First beach trip- What should I bring?

We are going to the beach for 5 days.  Knowing I casn't bring everything, what should I bring for 6 mon DD's first trip away from home?  What do I need for the sun, sand, & water?  We are driving 3 hours in a car so any tips for that would be great too.  We are staying at a beachfront hotel.

I already thought through sunscreen, hat, & umbrella stroller.  I'm not sure about the pack n play... 

TIA!

Re: First beach trip- What should I bring?

• Options

We bought a 10x10 easy up tent thing for picnics.  I knew an umbrella wasn't going to be enough shade for all of us.  It was a FABULOUS idea for $60 and well worth it.  We use it in the backyard too so DD can play in her pool without a hat on. 

I pack an extra soft side cooler with her food in it and put that in our regular cooler.  I don't want to take any chances her food is going to get warm out in the sun.

We brought a few toys, and I was surprised the DD LOVED to play in the sand.  Unfortunately, you have to plan for them to stick sandy hands in their mouth.  I kept a little bucket of water near by and dunked her hands every now and then, but let's face it, that's a loosing battle :) 

HAVE FUN!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DrDPMDrDPM member

Check w/ the hotel - they usually have PNP's/cribs that you can rent if you don't want to lug yours along. 

What about feeding - do you have a bouncer/bumbo/highchair that you can bring along?

Swim diapers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we brought a little pool and filled it up a bit and she was entertained for over an hour! (see siggy)... they have them at target right now for $4.50
  • Options
    Paci wipes are great for salty/sandy pacifiers.
    We had a gazebo also - great for plenty of shade.
    If you don't have access to a washer/dryer, plenty of changes of clothes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Tent or umbrella is a must to keep LO out of the sun.  We used a huge umbrella.  A big blanket, bumbo, and a few toys for the beach. Also a cooler to keep food and water in.  Dont forget the sunblock and a hat. I think the pool idea is really good and wish I had thought of it.

We used our PNP for DD to sleep in and we also took her monitor (we rented a house), that way we could be out by the pool while she napped. Dont forget the swim diapers and a baby float. We only used the baby float at the pool.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are going to the beach in a couple of weeks, although we rented a house instead of going to a hotel. My packing list is somewhat ridiculous, but I don't want to forget anything.

swim diapers

cornstarch or baby powder (to get the sand off)

some sand-appropriate toys

a tent/gazebo to keep her out of the sun, plus a blanket to go under it to keep her off the hot sand

cooler for water/food/formula

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"