Attachment Parenting

An update on my divorce news...

I posted about a week ago about my deciding to file for divorce...a few of you ladies asked me how things were going, so I thought I'd update ya'll. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about or just don't care just ignore this!)

Dh and I both went to see the therapist last week. (Both sessions were already scheduled as follow up's to several couples sessions we already had). On Monday when Dh got home he was telling me about some of the things he is learning to deal with his anger and his lack of communication skills. Much to my surprise, he actually stopped several times over the last week and said things to me like "I'm starting to feel really angry, and I'm not sure why...can you help me?" This is HUGE.

When I went for my session (Wednesday) the therapist basically said that while he doesn't want to take sides,  he thinks my Dh has A LOT of work to do. He said that he spoke to my Dh about how he is going to wind up without a wife and (daily) child if he doesn't decide to change himself. The therapist also said that while I know some of how horrible Dh's childhood was (alcoholism, domestic violence etc.) he suspects that there is a lot more that Dh isn't telling.  

I've decide to give it a shot and help Dh through what ever he needs to get through. I love the man...wouldn't have married him if I didn't. At the same time, Dh is trying to show love and accept love in a way he never has before. This morning Dh went into work 2 hours late because Henry woke up and he was cuddling/wrestling with him. My heart was melting while I pretended to sleep next to them <3

Thanks so much for all your support last week...it was needed and appreciated!!

Hatching the Hawks
Hatching the Hawks
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: An update on my divorce news...

• Glad to hear he's making some positive changes - very big that he's willing to work with counseling and is willing to accept responsibility for his behavior.

Best of luck to you!

• I wish the best for you all. It takes a lot of strength to try to work things out. Be strong mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know your story, but I just want to wish you luck and I am glad you two are trying to work things out.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just teared up reading that!  It's so awesome that your DH is making some positive changes.  I hope it becomes a habit to create a happy family life for you all.
  • Wow that's great improvement.  I really hope you both can continue making progress and resolve things.  I'm sure it will take a lot of time and hard work from you both but it sounds like you both know it's worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's great news. It sounds like there's a long road ahead, but that you guys are making some serious steps in the right direction. And it sounds like your DH is really, really trying too. Good for him. :)
  • I really hope things get better. If he's willing to work on this, that's definitely a big improvement from where you were a week ago.

Hugs mama. Keep us posted. I've been thinking about you.  

• It sounds like things are definitely looking up.  Best of luck to you.    Right Hug
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so happy to hear that he's (and you of course) willing to take the therapy challenge.  You're right (I'm presuming) that you wouldn't have married him if you didn't love him. 

Good luck to a sister in the world.  I hope the road continues even if it isn't easy Big Smile

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagediana.filipi:

I'm so happy to hear that he's (and you of course) willing to take the therapy challenge.  You're right (I'm presuming) that you wouldn't have married him if you didn't love him. 

Good luck to a sister in the world.  I hope the road continues even if it isn't easy Big Smile

and.....(I didn't want to smear my positive post with this less than positive bit) keep getting information.  Even if your marriage doesn't end in divorce you should have all your financial information handy.  What if tragedy struck.  We should all know passwords, locations, amounts, etc because if something ever happens we would be hard pressed to know how to access everything.

I say this because my hubs is a major geek and everything is encoded in his PDA.  I know the password to unlock all the passwords now :-)  We are still working on my knowing all the life insurance and just... stuff I would need to know.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Thanks for the update, it brought tears to my eyes.

Good luck!  I really hope things work out for the best.  It may not be a straight and fast track to healing.  I'm sure there will be bumps in the road but it sounds like things are moving forward in a positive manner.  That's HUGE! 

• QuazelQuazel member
    I missed your post about divorce, I am sorry to hear it has gotten to that point.  It is terrific that he is trying so hard.  I wish you guys the best of luck as you work through things.
  • I missed your post last week as well, but it sounds like this is a good start. I really hope things can work out and the changes make a happier family for all of you.
  • Oh, I'm so happy to hear that he is trying to work on things!
    You have been in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"