Baby Names

Blasted on FB for my hate of "Nevaeh"

My cousin posted on FB asking for name suggestions for her DD due in October. Of the 17 responses she got, 6 of them recommended "Nevaeh". Ick! I replied with some name suggestions, and I had to add something like "please don't name your DD Nevaeh. That name is terrible."

3 different ppl (none of whom I know, or have ever met/heard of) sent me messages explaining why Nevaeh is the best name is the whole world, and what a huge biotch I am for not liking it. And I quote, "Don't be a hater. Your just mad cuz you had a boy and couldn't use a good name. Nevaeh is the most beautiful name I know of. It is heaven spelled backward and I named my baby that because she is a beautiful angel."  Hmm

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
9lbs, 6oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blasted on FB for my hate of "Nevaeh"

• Are they all under 21?
  • I don't think so. My cousin is 29, and at least one of them went to HS with her. I know another works with her as a nurse.

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • Loading the player...
  • They sound immature. I would ignore them and not add fuel to the fire.
  • yeah that seems to be the worst part about that name. smart people don't like it Wink but the people who DO like it think it is the single most original/creative/beautiful/meaningful name in the entire world..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  "Don't be a hater. Your just mad cuz you had a boy and couldn't use a good name.

Certainly doesn't sound like a someone over 21 to me!

hater? Cuz?

I'd say the name is perfect for someone like that to name their child, dont you>? lol

• I hate the name too, but it shouldn't be surprising that people got worked-up when you called their child's name terrible.
  • imagemagsugar13:

"Don't be a hater. Your just mad cuz you had a boy and couldn't use a good name.

hater? Cuz?

I'd say the name is perfect for someone like that to name their child, dont you>? lol

LOL exactly. I had to C&P it, because my edited version (with spelling correction) wouldn't have done it justice. 

In my defense (not that I need to defend myself...the name sucks, and I'm not sorry for thinking so) she didnt say she had a child named Nevaeh. I probably would have bitten my tongue if  had known, just so I didnt offend. I think its kind of weird that she would suggest her own child's name to a friend. I purposely avoided names of ppl/children I know when choosing DS's name.

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • BTW...The other 2 ppl, weren't nearly as offended, but felt the need to explain why they like it.
    Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • imagemagsugar13:

"Don't be a hater. Your just mad cuz you had a boy and couldn't use a good name.

hater? Cuz?

There's a girl in my nursing school class who is over 30 who writes just like this on fb and our communication system at school. She adds numbers where words should be, and she abbreviates words that don't need abbreviating  (nd instead of and...why does leaving off 1 letter make it so much easier to type, especially when you can just use &...she does it constantly). It all drives me crazy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, it doesn't surprise me that someone who can't use the correct spelling of "you're", would think that Nevaeh is a perfect name. Two of my biggest pet peeves right there. Misuse of your/you're, and the name Nevaeh.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I agree with you - that name is terrible!
  • FWIW, I agree with you. That is one assugly name, IMO.
  • imagesunnyday016:
    Well, it doesn't surprise me that someone who can't use the correct spelling of "you're", would think that Nevaeh is a perfect name. Two of my biggest pet peeves right there. Misuse of your/you're, and the name Nevaeh.

Agreed!

• lmfao
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • It's an AWFUL name. Plain and simple.
  • Excuse my ignorance, but is this name pronounced:

"Neh-..."

Okay. I don't know how to pronounce it. 

"Nah-VAY-AH"

Is that right? 

That doesn't sound like "heaven" backwards when I sound it out. 

• I hate that name, too, so I commend you for speaking up. :)

LOL @ the reply you got.. it's kinda scary to think that someone that inarticulate is raising a child. Poor little Nevaeh. LOL

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • imageMrs.Deputy:
    imagemagsugar13:

There's a girl in my nursing school class who is over 30 who writes just like this on fb and our communication system at school. She adds numbers where words should be, and she abbreviates words that don't need abbreviating  (nd instead of and...why does leaving off 1 letter make it so much easier to type, especially when you can just use &...she does it constantly). It all drives me crazy.

Ugh.  This is all bad.  I have a former high school friend on fb (We are 34!)  And EVERY ONE of her posts is written in "text" as I call it.  It is SO ignorant!  And she's not!  She has 2 kids, is raising her sisters 2 since she passed away, works full time, goes to school...I really don't get it.  

And agreed, Neveah sucks.  But it does seem to go with that territory.  

• I was always under the impression that doing something backwards is like doing the opposite... So... spelling heaven backwards is like naming someone HELL... Or is it just me???
  • I would have clicked "Like" a hundred times to your comment.

WORST NAME EVER.  Most people that use it are not college educated and HS educated is questionable. 

Ugh.. they name makes me shiver and screams redneck and moron. 

Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • The grammar/spelling mistakes in this just made me shudder.

• imagemagsugar13:
    Are they all under 21?

lol, I was thinking they must all be teen moms.

I don't understand why a word spelled backwards is supposed to be a good thing. Why not just spell it correctly and use Heaven? I don't like that as a name either, but spelling it backwards seems like it defeats the purpose, KWIM?

• 1. I agree with you. Nevaeh is a terrible name.

2. I don't blame someone for yelling at you for calling her baby's name terrible. I'd probably be pissed to, even though I'm someone who calls other baby's names terrible.

3. I'm shocked that she would suggest her OWN baby's name as a name for someone else's baby, especially since she thinks Nevaeh is so "unique." 

4. Your FB friend is showing questionable taste by asking for name suggestions on FB. 

• she sounds really educated... i wouldn't worry about it. i hate getting in arguments on facebook but i hate not saying what i think even more. there's always going to be someone who just doesn't understand.
  • For those of you wondering why she would recommend her own child's name for her friend to use: Remember- "Misery loves company"!!! Wink
  • I know of a few uneducated rednecks that have named their child Nevaeh...I can almost bet that when I see someone that hasn't completed HS or college, and if they are having a girl, that they will name her Nevaeh.  Never fails!!!  ::cringe::
  • imageejglady:
    I was always under the impression that doing something backwards is like doing the opposite... So... spelling heaven backwards is like naming someone HELL... Or is it just me???

Exactly. Why not just name the baby "Heaven"? (Not that I would actually recommend this, but it makes a lot more sense.)

Whenever I happen to catch a Maury "I don't know who my baby daddy is" episode, there is inevitably at least one baby named Nevaeh on there, so...enough said.

• Hahahaha....at least you had the balls to tell her she's crazy. Um, and if you think you're kid is an angel...name her Angel. Confused
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imageejglady:
    I was always under the impression that doing something backwards is like doing the opposite... So... spelling heaven backwards is like naming someone HELL... Or is it just me???

Exactly.  Don't Satanists say the Lord's Prayer backwards? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"