Baby Names
Options

husband second guessing our name...help!

We are having boy/girl twins and had decided on the names months ago and now he is having second thoughts on the boy 2 weeks before they are scheduled to arrive. The names are:

Sadie Ceclia & Samson Earl (Sam)

When he wanted a Sam, I didn't really like how Samuel Earl sounded (and middle name is grandfather's and non-negotiable) Plus, I wanted a name that was a little bit different.

Need opinions....Samson Earl or Samuel Earl?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: husband second guessing our name...help!

• Options
    Oops, Sadie's middle name should've said Cecelia.
  • Options
    My preference would be Samuel.  I just like it more than Samson for some reason. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I much prefer Samson over Samuel, and I LOVE your DD's middle name Cecelia, beautiful!

• Options
    I think I like Samson better...and I know you didn't ask, but I prefer Cecelia way more over Sadie - any chance she could be Cecelia Sadie? Wink
  • Options

I like Samson and Samuel a lot.  I don't think it matters too much how Samuel Earl sounds because people seldom say their first and middle name together.  I guess I slightly prefer Samson because it is more unusual, but not strange.

My dd is Sadie and if #2 had been a girl she would have been Cecilia or Celia!

• Options
    I had seriously considered Cecelia for the first name (it's a family name), but I didn't like Cece (cee-cee) as a nickname and that was what everyone immediately said (oh, a Cece!) I did consider Celia as a nickname too, but somehow we landed on Sadie, which I still really love.
  • Options
    I like Samuel much better. I love the name Sadie too!
  • Options
    I like them both. FWIW, i think Samuel sounds fine with Earl.
  • Options
    Samuel Earl sounds better.
  • Options
    Sadie and Samson sound adorable together!!!
  • Options

I love Samson :)

And, I love Sadie.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • Options
    I like Samuel much better.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Samson sounds much better with Earl.

• Options
    Samuel.
  • Options
    Girl name is good. Samson seems to be less common than Samuel, but look into Samson (& Delilah) the biblical character and see if you care about the connotation.
  • Options
    i like samuel
  • Options
    Samson is a GREAT name! I have a friend named Samson and he's a really great guy.
    M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • Options
    This may be totally irrelevant to you, but when I hear Samson, I can only think of my friend's dog.
  • Options

We're having b/g twins too!!

I like Samson Earl...Samuel Earl is too tongue-twisty for me..

Good luck!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"