Single Parents

anyone living on their own?

I'm planning to move out.. I'm worried. It's a HUGE step, but I'm more than ready to move out of my mom's ..... we just aren't getting along & she's telling me how to raise my son. I appreciate advice, trust me, I've never done this before (and she raised 4 kids), but there comes a time when you just need to back off. ANYWAY (sorry for rambling), for you that are on your own...any tips/words of wisdom & advice. thanks ladies :)

Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn

Re: anyone living on their own?

• Just encouragement - you can do it!  Enjoy having your own space :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS and I will be moving out in either September or October.  I can't wait.  I know it's going to be tough... but we're tough ladies - we can do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • You can totally do it.  And you will probably appreciate your family more after you move out. 

The first time X and I separated, I stayed with my parents.  They were a huge help, but it is hard to go from living on your own back to living at home.  Anyway, now that I'm on my own, I really enjoy our time together much more... and they enjoy helping me out by watching DS more since he's not there 24/7 like before.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ::raises hand::

I have been living on my own since I kicked Super Douche out a little over a year ago.  I prefer it.  I spend a lot of time at my parents'  but I need my own space.  Good luck!

• I love living on my own with my lil guy. It really helps you bond even more when its just the two of you. Good Luck
  • I have been on my own as a single mom for a year and a half, but I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18 (wow, 18 years ago now!) .  You can do it.  I'll bet you'll enjoy it!  GL!
  • thank you for the encouragement ladies! i really don't know anything about you girls. but, your posts put a smile on my face! Smile

Mommy to MonsterMan on January 27, 2010 - 9lbs.5oz. 21" Mommy to "Shnoobs" on August 8, 2011 - 5lbs.15oz. 19 1/2" "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other"-Audrey Hepburn
  • I haven't lived with either of my parents since my 18th birthday.  I bought a house right before DD was born, I had a roommate/BFF in an apartment before that.  It is a lot of work managing the house on my own as well as DD but it is so worth it to have my own space.

Good luck!

• I cannot imagine being able to live on my own, from a  financial aspect. Between DD's tuition/daycare, car note, and car insurance it is next to impossible. One day I guess...
  • I bought our house right after our wedding (in my name only). I kicked him out and he took his personal belongings and that's it. I only live 5 minutes from my parents, though - so they are here if I need them.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• imageachase123:

::raises hand::

I have been living on my own since I kicked Super Douche out a little over a year ago.  I prefer it. 

This, except about 8 months ago.  I didn't really have an option as my parents don't live here in town.   I would have gone batshitcrazy living with my parents.  

Living on my own, with Lucas, has really allowed me to figure out what type of relationship I want Lucas and I to have--- I can discipline him how I want, form a schedule how I want, feed him what I want, etc.  :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've been living on my own since after high school at 18.  I'm only into 3 1/2 months have LO with me on my own but you learn how to do everything you need too.  Since I've started back to work this week, I've been trying to get my schedule down and my mom has stopped over to help me get out the door in the morning until I have everything organized.  I know we would be at each others throats if we were living together, but she only lives 5 minutes away so if I need anything she is here in a couple minutes and we can spend quality time together while we get our space also. 

You just kind of learn how to make things work.  Like getting up before LO does to get your shower and get ready... and hardly having personal time to do anything at home.  But M and I will always have a wonderful, close relationship because we can spend this quality time together. 

• I lived with my mom for almost four years after A was born ... it was far too long. I bought a house last August and while I still stress (I'm a worrier by nature) it's so much better for us. We have our own space and my mom is not there trying to overstep my role. Of course, I also finally had enough and learned to speak up. I'm very proud of myself for doing it b/c I wondered how I could live on my own with a child I always had help with. My biggest advice is to just stay w/in your means and take things a day at a time. You can do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"