Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long did it take you after getting off the pill?

A lot of the time I see that it has taken many parents a year or more to get pregnant after getting off the pill. However, I do hear stories of it happening just a month after or not very long at all. We plan to start trying in September which is when I will be off the pill. I basically want to be pregnant now, but hubby wants to "stick with the September plan".  So I would LOVE to know if anyone out there got preggers within, oh say, 6 months or sooner after getting off the pill. That would really boost my moral. I mean, I know I should expect that, but I sure would like to know that it's possible and not just a here and there situation. Anyone? :) 

Re: How long did it take you after getting off the pill?

• 1 month...was on the pill for over 5 years previously.

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • 3 months.  I had been on the pill 5 years. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  •  I stopped taking the pill last mid-July 2009 and was pregnant immediately (most likely conceived in late July, early August)

So, yes it can happen quick

• i had been off the pill about 3 months, but got pregnant the first month we didn't prevent it! i had been onthe pill for about 4 years prior.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went off the pill in Jan before our wedding in May.  We started TTC on our honeymoon...and came home pregnant.  :)
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is fantastic! Thank you ladies for sharing :) 

It gives me great hope to be pregnant soon. I know not to get my hopes up about it too much, but I like to know there is a chance. I mean I know it's only 3 responses so far, but that was fast!  

• BFab11BFab11 member
    About 3 weeks. Stopped the pill, had a period, didn't have any more after that.
  • I got off the pill in June or July of last year and we conceived DS in Sept!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Also, I've been on the pill for 10 years, but I'm thinking that doesn't matter... who knows. This is just great to see. :)
  • I got off the pill in July after being on it for 2 years.  Got preg in Jan (but miscarried in Feb)...then got preg with DS2 sometime in Oct. 
  • I had been on the pill for 10 years. I got my BFP 3 months after going off! GL!
  • ta78ta78 member
    I was on the pill still and taking antibiotics for a month, so we were surprised. My SIL was off the pill for less than a month when she conceived.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Went off the pill in mid December '08, got one period and got knocked up the end of January '09. 

I'd been on the pill for 10 years.  I'm hoping it happens that quickly next time around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • abb08abb08 member

4 months, but we waited a month to start trying.

ETA: I used OPKs within that first month, so I know I started ovulating right away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Haha, there will be NO waiting for us. I told my husband this morning to start getting ready for a LOT of sex and chill out on his "personal time". 

• AbJamsAbJams member
    I had been on BC for 9 years, but I was using the nuvaring the last year. I got pregnant in 1 cycle, but lost that pregnancy(not at all related) and got pregnant with DD after 2 unprotected cycles.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • After being on the pill for 11 years, it took me 6 months to get pg with my first.  Six years later at age 36, I got pg on the first try.  So much for age being a factor but I come from a long line of fertile women.
  • I was on the pill for 4 years and got pregnant while on it. We lost that pregnancy and I got pregnant again 3 months later.
    MC @ 6 weeks 11/2008
    MMC @ 10 weeks, D&C 3/2009
    Princess P IUGR miracle 05/04/10

Mr. M 09/22/11
    MC @ 6 weeks 06/2012
    MC @ 7 weeks 09/2012

Baby J 07/12/13

EDD 12/5/2015
  • imagekatesmom73:
    After being on the pill for 11 years, it took me 6 months to get pg with my first.  Six years later at age 36, I got pg on the first try.  So much for age being a factor but I come from a long line of fertile women.

That's another thing... I don't know my bio mom but I'm pretty sure she was fertile myrtle. However my sis has been having sex (without any birth control) for the last 2 years with her man and just got preggers 4 months ago... sooo... ya never know I guess!  

• 3 months/cycles
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was on the pill for over 10 years, we got married September 4th and that is the day I stopped taking the pill.  We got our BFP on October 28th - I only had one regular period before we got pregnant and I am 30. 
  • Was on the pill for about 6 years, and got pregnant while on it. :) Luckily we were ready and just not "trying" yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • stopped taking it in March, started trying in June, pregnant in Sept (m/c), pregnant again in Oct.

• I got pregnant when I was ON the pill.  Lol.
  • I was on the pill for about 5 years, got pregnant 1 month after I stopped taking them.
  • Right when we stopped using condoms, which was 6 months after I'd stopped the pill.  And I'm "old" -- well, 33.  I don't know how old you are, but I thought it would be harder to get pregnant after the pill at my age, so we thought we'd start trying in August and maybe succeed by February.  No, we succeeded right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • With my first, we were pregnant 4 months after going off the pill, 3rd month TTC. Second pregnancy, got PG 2nd month trying, but I had been off pill for several months since after quitting breastfeeding, the BCP gave me migraines. We used other forms of BC before trying again.
  • Thanks again everyone! :)
  • It took me 3 months after I stopped taking the pill.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lydia Eloise (5/25/10)
    Nora Annabelle (2/14/12)
    M/C 6.5 weeks (1/29/14) EDD (9/21/14)
  • I got a BFP two weeks after stopping the pill.  I had been on the pill for a very long time - I was 32 when I got PG and I was on it since I was 17.  However, I don't think I'm the norm.  My doctor told me that it would take at least 3 months for my hormone levels to regulate itself. 
  • We got pregnant immediately after getting off the pill.. it was the 2nd month we tried.
  • we weren't trying - but i went off the pill for medical reasons and ended up pregnant in september after having sex just once that month ( I am 33).  My friend got pregnant the first month off - twice.   you just don't know.
  • I had been on the pill for 3 years consecutively and got pregnant within the first month of stopping it. Two weeks I guess.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • epona3epona3 member
    Went off the pill in May 08 (been on it for 9 years).  It took 10 months for our first BFP, which ended in m/c.  I had an HSG in June to rule out blocked tubes, and got pg in Aug 09. So about 15 months for us.   I also used CBEFM and charted for a lot of that time.  Hope it doesn't take that long for you, but you just never know until you try!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageStratton28:

I stopped taking the pill last mid-July 2009 and was pregnant immediately (most likely conceived in late July, early August)

So, yes it can happen quick

Almost the same for me.  I quit bc early October and got my BPF Nov. 1st

• I stopped the pill 11/8/09,  got married 11/14/09,  got PG on my honeymoon.   Was on the pill about 4 years before stopping it. 
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I hate to be a debbie downer.. but it took me 18 months.

Being on the pill for 10 years masked the development of polycystic ovaries since it pretty much "makes" you get a period.

When I came off, I couldn't get a period without medication to induce it. And even then, my body refused to ovulate without serious medication (injectables). I had to have surgery to correct the problem, or move on to serious medicated IUI/IVF cycles.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • on the pill for 6yrs took 3mths to get pregnant.
  • 3rd cycle after I removed the ring :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"