Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How To Update Your Status So The Bump Stops Torturing You

I wish I could make this a sticky at the top of this board, since this stupid site makes it basically IMPOSSIBLE to figure out.

It really infuriates me that The Bump does this to ladies who have experienced loss. Like it isn't hard enough.

I'm finally a pro, but I've done it quite a few times.

Here it is:

Go to your bio page.

Under the avatar photo, "edit profile"

The "Our Family" tab

"Delete child" (and flick off The Bump for being that insensitive)

"Save"

That'll take care of it.

::::Big Hugs To Everyone::::

Re: How To Update Your Status So The Bump Stops Torturing You

• Thanks. It took forever to figure this out until I just deleted my other kid and half my other information. :(
  • Thank you -- I tried this and it does not appear to have worked but perhaps it just takes a while to kick in.  Much appreciated.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • imagesandyd:
    Thank you -- I tried this and it does not appear to have worked but perhaps it just takes a while to kick in.  Much appreciated.

It takes ten minutes or so for the site to update.

• Lkat17Lkat17 member

Thank you for the psa. It sucked trying to figure that all out last month after my m/c.

It really should be a sticky and it would be awesome if they could have a better way of changing your status than deleting a child. :(

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • How do we go about making this a sticky?
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • THANK YOU!  I just did that- hopefully it'll kick in soon.  Really don't need a reminder that I should have my baby next week....I remember all on my own.

ETA: it's now been 2 hours and they still haven't taken off the "Congratulations!" message. Argh.

• imageLkat17:

Thank you for the psa. It sucked trying to figure that all out last month after my m/c.

It really should be a sticky and it would be awesome if they could have a better way of changing your status than deleting a child. :(

I haven't updated mine because I can not delete my child. I just can not make myself do it. DELETE MY CHILD????? what the heck. They DEFINATELY need a better way to do this.

• Agreed...it should say something like "No longer expecting" to be more tactful.

I did this, bbut I still get annoying Bump email every once in awhile with pregnant-related topics.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • chusumchusum member
    Funny, this was a topic of on a thread during my last m/c. And I forgot how to do it, and finally remembered. They honestly make it more difficult than it needs to be.  I feel like I'm killing my own baby everytime. As common as the statistics say m/c & pregnancy loss is you would think they would make it a little easier.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Yes, it took me forever to figure it out, and then I saw "delete a child."  The bump should really fix that -- it is too hard to figure out and once you do, it's pretty insensitive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"