3rd Trimester

I hate being pregnant

I'm annoyed that everyone keeps telling me I'm going to miss being pregnant. Maybe I will. But I just don't think I'm that type. I have had a completely problem-free pregnancy, BUT! I have been miserable since day 1. Morning sickness well through to late 2nd trimester sucked. And I'm very petite - 5'2", never weighed more than 98lbs, so this has been hell on my body. I have always indulged in fancy beer and good wine and I have missed it so much.

My body aches. I hate peeing every hour. I'm waddling. I feel ugly. I miss turning heads with the petite perfect body I used to have 40lbs ago. And most of all I'm SO TIRED of hearing my mother in law tell me how out of shape I am and that I'm going to have a hard time losing all the weight I've gained!

I want a baby. I've wanted a baby to have a baby, not to be pregnant. So I wish people would stop telling me I'm going to miss this. Not at one single point in time have I said "I LOVE BEING PREGNANT" or "I LOVE HOW I LOOK/FEEL WITH THIS BABY INSIDE OF ME." But I just keep hearing, "this is the quietest your baby will ever be. This is this most behaved he'll ever be. You're going to wish he was back inside of you when you're up all night with a wailing child." blah blah blah. No, really, I want to be up all night with a wailing child. I want a baby. I don't want to be pregnant anymore. My body is so tired!

I know there are women who love this experience. And I'm honestly envious of them, cause I wish I could feel a little happier with the whole thing but I'm simply not one of them. I'm so, so, so ready for this to be over and to have my little man in my arms and curled up against my body rather than in it. Yes, it's miraculous. Yes, it's part of the process. Yes, it's definitely an experience like no other. But I'm absolutely satisfied to have it overwith now.

I am so moody today.

Re: I hate being pregnant

• I hate it too. I think for the most part what people mean by missing it, is feeling your LO move. Yeah, I still didn't miss it with DS1 and I won't with DS2. I think some have better pregnancies than others which helps but everyone is different on how they feel about pregnancy. I am not one of those people that like it and I too envy those that do.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel exactly the same way....no shame.  I sometimes feel bad thinking about how much I really hate being pregnant, and just see it as a necessary means to and end (baby), but I can't help how I feel.  I am grateful that I am able to have a baby and all this and that, but I do wish I could skip this part.

It's almost over!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Amen!  There is not one thing about being pregnant that I enjoy...except the fact that it ends with a baby!  I also hate that people make you feel bad for not being one of those people who loooooovvveeee being pregnant.  I still have almost 10 weeks to go and I can't wait for it to be over!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one... thanks, ladies...
  • This is my second.  With DS I was pg through the winter and it was fine!  I felt good most of the time, had a fairly easy pregnancy and I did miss being pregnant a little (the bonding with the baby and feeling the baby move around).

This time around its summer, its hot, I'm not, I have a toddler to entertain and chase around, I too am missing adult drinks (I didnt so much the first time around).  I normally LOVE summer but its been so hot and I can go to the beach or pool and just relax with a toddler.  Im a SAHM which I LOVE but I get no break from him either.  I still have 10 more weeks so I'm trying to change my attitude but its really hard.  Im just so down right now.

I am very grateful for a healthy baby and problem free pregnancy, I just want to be done too (but of course want this baby too "cook" longer!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemainerocks:
    Me too! Although I love to feel the baby move and I also love... no wait, that's it. ;-)

MR...hi!!!! Big Smile And ditto, I love feeling her move, and that's about all.

You guys definitely aren't alone. I don't love it, and I feel guilty for not loving it but I just want to meet my daughter and get rid of the rest of this crap that comes along with it. Pregnancy has not been fun for me at all! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel exactly the same way!!! It's way worse now too because I never thought I'd make it to 41+ weeks. This is my first and I'm kinda thinking she will be an only child!
  • I hear ya!!  I have to watch who I accidentally complain around because usually it's about how huge I feel (normally around 110lbs)...  If my DH's brothers hear me talking about it I get - "But your pregnant!"  Really??  I am??  Thanks for the udpate.  And you will NEVER know how I feel - so shut it!  Zip it! As a mom that has been pregnant twice before - I've never missed being pregnant!  Just love those babies! Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsSRMrsSR member

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

I wouldn't say I hate being pregnant, but I haven't loved it either.

My 1st trimester was awful with weight loss and morning sickness.  2nd trimester was pretty good, I had energy and felt amazing.  Now that I'm in my 3rd, it's like a repeat of 1st.  I'm tired, uncomfortable, sick feeling, etc.  Even taking a bath is uncomfortable because I feel like I'm sitting on my tailbone.

Plus, I'm just ready for her to be here.  I want to meet her and see who she looks like.  I want to use her tiny diapers and push her around in her stroller. 

I love feeling and seeing her move in my belly, so I know I'll miss that a bit; but having her in my arms will be better than in my belly.

• Count me in. I've had it since first tri when I was vomiting morning sickness nonstop and feeling tired all the time (I have thalassemia). In second trimester I had all these symptoms eased up but I wasn't as flexible anymore, and sleeping became hell. Then now in third tri I'm just tired of being pregnant as well, baby's heavy and sleeping is slightly better with hubby in guestroom so I have more room to stretch out. Then there are comments from idiotic strangers commenting on the obvious AND being mean... it's not being fat, you jackasses! It's called being pregnant!

Sorry... rant over now. But yes, so so so so ready to have this baby soon.

• I hear you loud and clear!  I don't love it nearrrlyyy as much as some others I've talked to.  Yes, it is absolutely amazing that we are able to create and carry these little ones and have them form inside of us, but it is not a fun process. 

DITTO: to missing"fancy beer and good wine and I have missed it so much."

I've gained 60 pounds and I feel like a whale (and look like one too).  I have been dizzy everyyy sinngllleee morning of this pregnancy.  It lasts for about 2 hours and then goes away.  NOT fun! BUT it will be worth it in the endParty!!!  Keep your eye on the prize!

• I can understand where you are coming from..  but beware being so adamant about it...  I had 3 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.  There are many, many girls who have had m/c's & many, many more who struggle with infertility.  I don't love how I feel right now either ~~  BUT I feel extremely blessed for each & every day & think about many who would give anything to be in my position.
  • I hear ya. I haven't had any "problems" either, but I have gotten the WORST of every possible symptom of pregnancy one can have since day one. I'm SO over being pregnant. Sometimes I feel guilty for not enjoying it more, but I just don't.

I work with ladies who glow when they talk about their pregnancy experiences. "It was so magical!" "It was the best I ever felt!" I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I didn't throw up anything magical for the first 5 months I spent hunched over the toilet MULTIPLE times per day.

• Maybe it's because I'm still a couple months behind most of you, but I'm loving every minute of this.  On the other hand, I know that I've been really lucky not having any problems, including morning sickness.  Even though I am enjoying pregnancy, big belly and all, I am not one of those people who thinks that everyone should love it.

If it hasn't been great or easy for you, it's understandable that you should hate it - but you all have a great attitude that it is all worth it for the end result.  You're almost all so close to the end - I hope that things go well for each of you for the last couple weeks and that you all have easier labor/deliveries than your pregnancies were!

ETA:  So didn't realize this was third tri - I'm really not sure how I got here.  Please forgive me for the intrusion - I won't retract what I said though... I do wish you all short and easy deliveries!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• imageL2theC42:
    I can understand where you are coming from..  but beware being so adamant about it...  I had 3 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.  There are many, many girls who have had m/c's & many, many more who struggle with infertility.  I don't love how I feel right now either ~~  BUT I feel extremely blessed for each & every day & think about many who would give anything to be in my position.

Ditto this. We went through a LOT to get pregnant, and not nearly as much as some of the other ladies here.  I look forward to being done with being pregnant and feeling the way I do now, and finally being able to hold my baby.  But the frustration of feeling fat and bloated and uncomfortable doesnt even begin to compare to the frustration of spending nearly 2 years praying to be exactly where I'm at today.

It's definitely a means to an end, and its tougher than I ever imagined.  But there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

• I struggled with infertility for 3 years and am so blessed to have twins. That doesn't mean I like being pregnant any better. I'm just so glad I have two at once. I always wanted two kids, so I can be done (now if I can just talk my husband into that :-) I don't think I'll miss it one bit. The babies moving is cool, I guess. However, it is more uncomfortable than anything. I definitely wouldn't pass it up for anything, but it doesn't mean that we have to love the process.
  • I've never really loved it besides feeling movement and hearing the heartbeat at dr visits. And I'm just really achy now, carrying the extra weight is really hard, and I am just so excited to get it over with and meet my baby!

My Grandmother had 14 (13 pregnancies!), and I feel dumbfounded when I think about that--I can't even imagine.

• I can understand both points of view. 

I hated being pregnant with DD.  I had hyperemesis (the entire 9 months) and pre-eclampsia, my entire body hurt every single day, and I didn't find out until I was 6 or 7 months pregnant that I had hypoglycemia (so until then I was constantly dizzy and frequently passing out).  I was due around the same time and we didn't have AC.  I was miserable.  Needless to say, I did not miss it at all.  I had actually thought very seriously about adopting my future children because I hated it that much.

This pregnancy has been such a completely different experience.  I had issues with nausea/vomiting for about 6 weeks, but since then have felt great (except for the random kicks in the cervix -- ouch!).  I love just sitting here, feeling him move, and thinking about what he'll be like.  I can honestly say that I will miss being pregnant after this pregnancy.

(Not that I judge you, because I completely understand how you feel.)

• imageerinjcianciolo:
    wow

Wow right back at you.

Just because we're all blessed to be here doesn't mean we have to blow sunshine out our butts. It's well-known that pregnancy takes a physical toll on your body, and on a board full of women experiencing the ups and downs of pregnancy, it's not exactly insane that some people might be feeling a little worn or weary.

• I am sooo with you on all of this.... Thanks for the post!

• imagedrewiekc:

imageL2theC42:
    I can understand where you are coming from..  but beware being so adamant about it...  I had 3 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.  There are many, many girls who have had m/c's & many, many more who struggle with infertility.  I don't love how I feel right now either ~~  BUT I feel extremely blessed for each & every day & think about many who would give anything to be in my position.

Ditto this. We went through a LOT to get pregnant, and not nearly as much as some of the other ladies here.  I look forward to being done with being pregnant and feeling the way I do now, and finally being able to hold my baby.  But the frustration of feeling fat and bloated and uncomfortable doesnt even begin to compare to the frustration of spending nearly 2 years praying to be exactly where I'm at today.

It's definitely a means to an end, and its tougher than I ever imagined.  But there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

I hope that no one would actually misinterpret someone complaining about the pitfalls of pregnancy as that person being unappreciative of being able to carry a child. That's not what I got from this post at all. Part of the draw of this board is being able to complain about the symptoms you're experiencing and finding out that others are feeling the same way you are!

• I can't say that I hate being pregnant.. but I don't love it.. I have my days where I want to break down and cry, because I, too am petite and 5'3 and used to be thin and small.. Now I feel fat, ugly, that I will never have my body back.. and I have days where I cry to DH because I want my EDD to come and LO to come! I would never wish LO to come prior to full term at all.

So your not the only one who feels this way trust me Smile

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm over it too.  I don't hate being pregnant but I'm physically and emotionally done.  I also know the baby's gotta little more growing to do so I just suck it up and deal with it.  I'm so grateful to be having this baby since it took so long to get pregnant but other than feeling the movement, I dont see what's so great about "being pregnant".  Can't wait to be done.
  • imagekemeshiwar:
    imagedrewiekc:

imageL2theC42:

I hope that no one would actually misinterpret someone complaining about the pitfalls of pregnancy as that person being unappreciative of being able to carry a child. That's not what I got from this post at all. Part of the draw of this board is being able to complain about the symptoms you're experiencing and finding out that others are feeling the same way you are!

I am honestly pretty proud of the ladies for not jumping down her throat. I really figured this post would go downhill quickly. I think they were just nicely warning her about being so blunt.

However, I do not love being pregnant either and do not blame her for posting this exaclty how she did. :)

• I am soooo happy to hear someone else feel the same way as I do!!!!  I am 28 weeks and I cant wait to be done with this pregnancy!!!  I feel fat and gross and I also miss beer and wine!!!  I am very happy to be having this baby but I HATE being pregnant!  I have to pee every thirty minutes, I cant get comfortable, I have Restless Leg Syndrome and Sciatica so bad!!!  I am still very active and workout as much as possible but regardless I feel like a big fat whale and so unattractive! I used to love my body and now I feel fat and ugly! I hate all the comments people make...."you just keep getting fatter and fatter" - um, hello, I am pregnant, what do you expect?!?!!?   "Are you eating again?", "Oh, I LOVED being pregnant"  OMG - these people drive me nuts!!!  My boyfriend wants me to initiate sex more ofter....I dont even want to see myself naked....why would I want anyone else to see me naked!!  I turn myself off!!!  Its not sexy or beautiful. I have a giant belly and it does not make me feel sexy at all!!!    12 more weeks to go! Cant wait to meet my baby boy but I will be so glad to have him out!!!  He can wake me up all night long....he does that now anyways....at least he will be out and I can love him and hold him and kiss him NOT have him digging in my ribs and when I do sleep at least I will be comfortable!!

Ah, I feel much better!  :)

• imagebone2595:
    imagekemeshiwar:
    imagedrewiekc:

imageL2theC42:

I am honestly pretty proud of the ladies for not jumping down her throat. I really figured this post would go downhill quickly. I think they were just nicely warning her about being so blunt.

However, I do not love being pregnant either and do not blame her for posting this exaclty how she did. :)

Oh I agree...they were very nice about it. I wasn't trying to say they don't have good reason to be sensitive about such topics. I just honestly hope people wouldn't take offense at the fact that someone is pregnant and uncomfortable. If we all stop complaining, this board is going to get really quiet! LOL

• I don't like it either and I still have 10 weeks left!I haven't slept a full night I think since I got BFP,from peeing or being sore,then not being able to sleep on my back,etc.

I was someone who was constantly in the bathroom beforehand,so now i'm in there like every 30-45 minutes during the day and every 1-2 hours at night and I feel like I can't do anything without making sure there's a bathroom close.

I'm diabetic and hormones make blood sugars nuts so on average i'm taking 4-5x more insulin then pre-pregnancy and my skin hurts from all the insulin.I had morning sickness until 20 weeks,multiple times a day,and because of the diabetes I am at one doctor or the other at the very least once every 2 weeks through the pregnancy,usually once a week.

I was a big girl beforehand and I am tall with a long torso,so at 29 weeks there are still people who don't even realize I'm pregnant.I'm blessed to have my baby,but I will not miss this AT ALL.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Oh ffs I am rolling my eyes at the women cautioning her about saying she hates being pregnant. She said how much she loves and wants the baby. She is allowed to be over carrying it inside her without worrying about stepping on the toes of someone who had tttc. I had a m/c too and I am also sick of being pregnant. The two don't cancel each other out and if you can't see that then you either need to expand your world-view or seek help from a therapist. 
  • I've said it before and I will say it again.

Am I thankful each and every day that I am still pregnant with this little girl?  Absolutely 100%!

Feeling her moving around, being able to talk to her privately, having this special connection with her... all things I am so truly blessed with.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But I do get the whole "pregnancy can be a rough experience."  Will I miss the intense morning sickness, the 24 hour nausea that still plagues me, the extreme panic and fear that I feel like I go through at least once a day?  Not at all.  Is it worth it?  Very much so.  But I am looking anxiously for October to get here.

Pregnancy is a true mental and physical test.  And each day I make it through is another day I become more and more thankful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get it...and have to say everyone is entitled to feel however they want.  I don't think sarcasm helps in this situation.  People just have different points of view and they are allowed to express them in whatever way they would like knowing that you are going to get responses from all angles.

I think that anyone has the right of feeling "done" with being KU- I mean our bodies are no longer ours and it feels like it's been forever since we have felt like ourselves.  

All that being said- being KU is temporary- short term and eventually you do go back a version of your normal self.  Having a loss is permanent and you never quite get over it.  So, personally- even with me being so close to my EDD and so uncomfortable and ready to have my LO- I am okay with it b.c there is an end.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestpetegirl:
    Oh ffs I am rolling my eyes at the women cautioning her about saying she hates being pregnant. She said how much she loves and wants the baby. She is allowed to be over carrying it inside her without worrying about stepping on the toes of someone who had tttc. I had a m/c too and I am also sick of being pregnant. The two don't cancel each other out and if you can't see that then you either need to expand your world-view or seek help from a therapist. 

I think this response is a bit harsh.  The PP's politely mentioned that there are lots of women who've been through a lot just to be pregnant and may not understand how she feels.

No one is arguing that previous M/C or IF = automatically loving being pregnant.  We simply have a different perspective.  Am I starting to get uncomfortable? Sure.  Did I feel like sh!t for the first 16 weeks? Yeah.  Many of us who've dealt with IF require ongoing medication and/or unpleasant procedures simply to stay pregnant and enjoy all the bodily changes that go along with a routine pregnancy.

I think the PP were just commenting that, to some, it seems like something of a luxury to bemoan the natural discomforts that go with this process when you've spent years of time and heartache trying to get here.  That's all.  No flames or drama - just a different take on the subject.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got pregnant easily and I have had no problems while being pregnant. I'm thankful for that, but I am so done, too. I do NOT like people saying that I will miss being pregnant. I guarantee you, I won't. I want my screaming, pooping baby more than anything. But I certainly haven't "enjoyed" much about being pregnant and I am ready to be done.

• I'm not nearly as far along as you are right now but I remember when I was pregnant with DD 15 years ago (yes, I'm an old lady) I absolutely hated it and vocalized it on an almost daily basis.  I had GD and high blood pressure, gained 60 pounds on my 5'3" frame.  I was miserable, not to mention it was during out last record breaking heatwave.

This time, everything has changed....it took us so long to become successful that I'm trying to embrace every aspect of the pregnancy.  There are things that are rather unpleasant but at the end of the road you get a wonderful gift.  I didn't miss being pregnant with DD but I do think, knowing this is the last time I'll ever get to experience this, I'll miss it when LO gets here.

{{{hugs}}}  I know where you're coming from but please don't be harsh to the other posters that have gone through a rough journey to get to this point.  They're coming from a different perspective, as I am now too.

• delg23delg23 member
    I don't love being pregnant either. I feel embarrassed by the way I walk, ugly, freaked out by my body changes, achy, exhausted, overwhelmed...  For me though I am anxious enough about labor and being unprepared that I don't quite feel the omg when will it end feeling. Ask me in a week though! :P Maybe I'm not that miserable comparatively then... I dunno. Anyway, good post of pure honesty and I'm so glad OP didn't get flamed for this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestpetegirl:
    Oh ffs I am rolling my eyes at the women cautioning her about saying she hates being pregnant. She said how much she loves and wants the baby. She is allowed to be over carrying it inside her without worrying about stepping on the toes of someone who had tttc. I had a m/c too and I am also sick of being pregnant. The two don't cancel each other out and if you can't see that then you either need to expand your world-view or seek help from a therapist. 

100% agreed.  

• I get you on the physical stuff. I'm only 5'2 and around 100lbs on a good day pre pregnancy so the toll that pregnancy takes on my body is rough. I already feel [and get told all the time] how huge and uncomfortable I am. I can't breathe. I can't bend over. I can't sleep. I can't eat without heartburn or nausea [or even a full meal since my stomach is all kinds of squished up in my short torso]. I basically spend all day, every day in physical discomfort. Even movement can be painful at times, especially with this DD sitting so low.

I remember right after DD1 was born that I was just positively elated that I was not pregnant anymore. It was an awesome feeling.

The good news is that most things get better the second the baby comes out, so even though things suck...they don't last forever!

hang in there..it will go by fast and pretty soon you'll forget about the discomfort of being pregnant.

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • imageReady2006:

imageerinjcianciolo:
    wow

Wow right back at you.

Just because we're all blessed to be here doesn't mean we have to blow sunshine out our butts. It's well-known that pregnancy takes a physical toll on your body, and on a board full of women experiencing the ups and downs of pregnancy, it's not exactly insane that some people might be feeling a little worn or weary.

• imageReady2006:

imageerinjcianciolo:
    wow

Wow right back at you.

THANK YOU.

And I don't want people to think that I'm not at all grateful for even being capable of going through this.

I know I am so lucky to have gotten pregnant 1st try, have had no problems at all other than the typical symptoms. The morning sickness, leg cramps, nausea, heart burn, indigestion, back pain, weight gain, exhaustion, mood swings, etc. I am extremely blessed that things have gone so smoothly and he's healthy and I'm healthy and all that jazz.

And thanks for the majority of the positive feedback.

It still doesn't change how shitty I feel and how much I miss feeling and looking the way I did. I miss diving into a pool and indulging in margaritas on a 100 degree day (did I mention the heat wave? And that I have no AC???).

I am grateful. Extremely. It just doesn't mean loving the experience. I've tried to love it. And I just don't.

There's a light at the end... it's worth all the suffering... I know. I want my baby more than anything and I'm not saying the sacrifices aren't worth the end result...

This is an awesome board with such supportive and understanding women. You ladies have been so fantastic. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

• imagestpetegirl:

Oh seriously.  Sensitive much??  Nobody is jumping down her throat.  And nobody questions that she wants or loves her baby.  I have NEVER met someone who LOVED being pregnant every second of it.  I dont even LOVE being pregnant myself.  I love what it means, but I dont love the physical aspect of it.  We all have different view points and experience, and everyone feels differently.  And that is normal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"