Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone doing favors for LO's bday party?

I've never heard of this nor have I ever rec'd any favors.

Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone doing favors for LO's bday party?

• We are doing a baseball theme, so I have little red/white/blue pails with a water koosh ball, a glow bracelet, a few baseball cards and bubbles in it for the kiddies, and the adults will take home a box of cracker jacks with a little "thanks or celebrating H's first birthday!" tied on it.  I got 24 boxes of cracker jacks 3 for 98c at Walmart.  We are only having 5 kids come, too.
  • We are not doing any favors for the 1st bday.  There will only be 4 kids there anyway.  Plus I am feeding everyone a really decent dinner so I feel like I am giving them enough.  I think if I was just doing a cake and punch party I would probably do some kind of favors.  Definitely will when he's older.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not for the adults, for sure.  The only kids that will be there are my nephews (1, 3 and 5 yrs old).. so I may just have some party-themed toys that they can play with and take home.  (we're doing a rock star theme so I'll get a couple blow up guitars and microphones)

Kristy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes.  I'm making chocolate covered oreos that look like lady bugs and putting 2 in little cellophane bags.  There wont be that many kids so i'm doing them for everybody (about 50 people) and i'm doing a mini candy buffett with red & black candy.
  • imagemamabearicson:
    Yes.  I'm making chocolate covered oreos that look like lady bugs and putting 2 in little cellophane bags.  There wont be that many kids so i'm doing them for everybody (about 50 people) and i'm doing a mini candy buffett with red & black candy.

I love this idea!!!

• imagemamabearicson:
    Yes.  I'm making chocolate covered oreos that look like lady bugs and putting 2 in little cellophane bags.  There wont be that many kids so i'm doing them for everybody (about 50 people) and i'm doing a mini candy buffett with red & black candy.

I tried doing this but they ended up as a big FAIL.  Any tips/suggestions?   

• we are having a cookie monster party so for the adults i'm having a friend of mine make number one shaped sugar cookies with blue icing that look like cookie monster, and for the kids, little grab goodie bags, haven't figured out what to put in them yet.
  • Nothing for the adults- I have never received a favor at any children's birthday party, so I figured why start now ?! :)

We are having about 6 kids and I got them pirate favor boxes filled with various pirate items (pirate theme obviously!)

• we are doing a cupcake theme.  Plates and decorations are all just all different bright colors.   Favors we have little celophane bags with a decorated cupcake shaped cookie individual wrapped, bright colored pin wheels that I am making, and each has a recycled crayon in it that looks like a cupcake bottom part is brown top part is lime green. each lil bag has a tag on it saying thank you
  • We're having it at a restaurant and we have a bunch of kids (10-20), so we are doing favors for the kids to keep them occupied.  

Oh, and our favors are: maracas, costumed rubber ducks and rubber ducks shaped like dogs.  

Our "theme" which really isn't a theme is stuff that DD likes, so, in order, things that shake, baths and doggies.  I figure the kids can trade and play with the ducks and the babies can shake the maracas. 

• We are doing an owl theme and I was going to bake owl cookies as favors, but now I think it will just be too time consuming. Instead I am going to wrap together Tootsie Rolls Pops (you know...Mr. Owl how many licks does it take) with a favor tag.

• I also have a ladybug theme.  My sister and I are going to use those Wilton melting chocolates and I have a ladybug mold.  We are going to make lollipops out of them.  They are going to be used for decoration and then people can eat them or bring them home.

In fact, we better get started making them since we have so many to make!!  They store well in the freezer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't going to.  Until I saw the Dr Seuss $1.oo stuff being sold at Target.  So I did make the 19 kids that are coming a bag each.  Also, everyone there is getting a green easter egg filled with some kind of candy.  We are doing the "Green Eggs and Ham" theme, so it fit.  So I am not going all out, and I don't see it as needed.  But I was doing the green easter eggs as decoration, so firgued I would fill them with candy for everyone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"