Baby Names

WDYT of Remington?

I think the name Remi (or Remy) is adorable for a boy.  I'm thinking Remington as the full name.  

Thoughts?  Preferred spelling?  

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT of Remington?

• My first thought is the gun. My second thought is that Remy is a French girl's name.

Sorry, I don't like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First thoughts: razors & Steele

Jr High: will be changed to Ramming-ton

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • If your kid isn't dashingly sexy like Remington Steele, it's a completely gooby/dorky name.  Or a dog name.  But if your kid is going to be a SuperSexyStud, go for it.
  • I think Remington sounds pretentious.

I think girl when I hear Remy/Remi.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I think of a rifle.
    BFP: 3/28/2010 Beta #1-120, Beta #2-590 EDD: 12/7/2011 HB: 109 BPM on 4/15 HB: 167 BPM on 5/13! 7/18 IT'S A BOY!
    "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me the petition which I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
  • Def not a boys name IMO. Remi sounds super girly

Remington is better but not by much.  Sorry...

Visit The Nest!
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    It's pretty awful. Sorry.
  • imagegibs:
    If your kid isn't dashingly sexy like Remington Steele, it's a completely gooby/dorky name.  Or a dog name.  But if your kid is going to be a SuperSexyStud, go for it.

This.

• Remington is adorable... not all kids can be named Steve and Logan... there has to be a Remington... I love the name... more power to ya!
  • Although I've never considered using this name myself, it's one of the few "surnames" that I do like as a given name. It's very stylish without being too trendy or popular.
  • I like it.  I actually plan on naming my next horse Remington.  I guess that isn't any help for your child though!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love it! I love the name Remy.
  • imagemj.reilly:
    imagebrightning:

My first thought is the gun. My second thought is that Remy is a French girl's name.

Sorry, I don't like it.

R?mi / R?my is traditional a French boy's name. Though it is usually pronounced ray-MEE, not Rem-ee. I have heard it Rem-ee as well.

LOVE Remi, not a fan of Remington.

(We will probably use it as a nn for Ramona)

I know a few "Remi's" who are French.  

mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • I don't hate it, but the only Remy I've ever met was a girl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I knew a guy in college named Colt Remington Lastname. He wasn't the coolest guy I knew, but his name certainly made him just a little cooler in  my eyes. Ever since then I've liked the name Remington.

But if you ask me, Remington with the nn Remi is an oxymoron.

It's like you went to the trouble of naming your son something cool/strong/masculine, then contradicted yourself by calling him something soft/feminine/french.

HOW ABOUT JEREMY?

• Steele
    M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • I like it.  I have had a student for the past 3 years named Remington.  He went my Rem.  He was a complete goofball (he played Bottom, the ass, in our production of A Midsummer Night's Dream) and not super, sexy, but it totally fit him.  As far as I know, he never got the Rammington nn a PP suggested.  Also, he had a sister named Castille, so I always got the Remington Steele vibe, but the kids have no idea what that is.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• imagelovemytwoboys:

I think Remington sounds pretentious.

I think girl when I hear Remy/Remi.

This, exactly.  

• I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually like it! I'm not so hot on Remington, but it's not the worst name in the world. I've actually always thought Remy = boy... I'm surprised to see so many 'girl' associations.
  • imagek*princess:
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually like it! I'm not so hot on Remington, but it's not the worst name in the world. I've actually always thought Remy = boy... I'm surprised to see so many 'girl' associations.

Agree with the fact that I've always thought Remy was a boy's name! And I love Remington! Cute!  

BabyFruit Ticker
    Photobucket
  • It makes me think of a razor
  • I don't think it's awful at all. I know a Remington, and I always thought it was a great name for him. I don't remember ever hearing him go by Remy, though.
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • I love the name. It would be on my short list (for girls tho) but my friend named her kid that a few years ago.

If I were to name a boy Remington, I would call him Remington. Not a fan of nicknames. What's the point of picking a name if you're not going to use it?

• I like it, sounds like a great Old South/Old Money name.  But I am from the South.  And I think the nn Remy is adorable.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • My first thoughts were: Isn't that an appliance brand?

It's a very uncommon name but personally, I wouldn't even think of naming a child this. Sorry. 

• kfoyekfoye member
    I love it! I named my brother Remington when he was born. He gets called Rem, Timmy, Tim, & Remi. He has never gotten made fun of for his name! I say go for it! It's a wonderful name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"