Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 months and over come in! (re: night sleeping)

Just curious...

What is the longest stretch of sleep your LO gets at night?
What time do you put your little one down for the night?
Do you BF or FF?

We are lucky if we get 3 1/2 hours! We are still eating every 3 hours even at night. I would LOVE a long stretch consistently at least once a night.

Thanks!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 months and over come in! (re: night sleeping)

• 8 hours.  DS2 has been a great sleeper from the start.  DS1 didn't make it more then 4 hours till after 4 months. I BFed both. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 7-8 hours.  We're BF and she cluster feeds from 5 until she goes to sleep between 8 and 9.  Then she's normally up for a short 15 minute snack around 3-4 and then back down until the alarm goes off at 0730.  But she has been a pretty good sleeper once we were allowed to let her sleep through the night (BF and weight issues).
  • Loading the player...
  • DS goes to bed between 8:30 and 9:30 and wakes between 2 and 3. A lot of times sleeps to 6. He is breast fed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 months tomorrow, and last night was our first-ever 6 hour stretch. It's still all over the place though. Some nights we don't get more than 2-3 hours. We start the bedtime routine at 6:30, and he usually goes down between 7 and 8 (he's not easy to get down, so it's not consistent).

DS is EBF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dd is a great night sleeper (we're still working on the naps).  she sleeps anywhere from 6-9 hours at a time.  i put her down between 9:30pm and 10pm (earlier if she's tired).  i ebf and she usually cluster feeds starting at 8pm.  when she wakes up at night to eat (around 5-6am), i nurse her on both sides and she goes right back to sleep. 

she went to bed last night at 8:30pm and its now 8:30am and she's still sleeping.  she got up at 6:30am to nurse and went right back down.  

10 Months Old! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's still all over the place.  Some nights she'll go down around 9 and wake around 2 to feed.  Then again around 4:30 and up for the day around 7.  Other nights, she'll wake every 2 hours.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 6ish hours. DS usually goes down for the night between 7:30 and 8:30, sleeps till about 2:30, goes back down by 3:30, and is up by 6:30. We just went to all formula. The switch didn't impact his sleep.
  • we feed her last bottle at 930, in bed around 10, normally sleeps til 6 or 7. unless she is sick like last week.  or last night was rare when she slept from 10-830!!
  • DS has just started STTN, although I still haven't gotten my hopes up.  Last night he ate about 6:00, feel asleep shortly after (though I didn't put him down until 7:30) and woke up at 5:30 - so I'd say about 10 hours.  Oh, and I bf.
  • I'm back to work so my lo is in a bit of a routine already (she turned 2 months yesterday)

She is a breastfed baby. 

Our days usually goes as follows:

4am - 4:30 am - wakes up to feed.

Up for the day at 8 - we wake her then - wash her up etc.

8:15 - eats  (she may doze a short while after this 15 - 30 min)

10:15 - eats (She may doze a short while after this 15-30 min)

12 - eats   (Long nap after this.  2 to 3 hours)

2:30 - 3:00 eat

4:30 - 5:00 eat

5:30 - 6:00 eat (hour nap after this feed)

6:30 - 7:00 eat

7:30 - 8:00 eat

8:30 to 9 in bed and sleeps till 4 am

If you are breastfeeding try tandem nursing at night - every hour or so.  It takes a lot out of you at first but they will sleep better at night.  Also just a note I feed off one side for an entire feeding then switch for the next.  That way I know she's getting all the milk and she spits up less.  They need the hind milk to keep them full.  The beginning milk won't keep them full.

• DS will be 2 months in 4 days. I BF and he has slept 7-7.5 hours at night fairly consistently for the past week. He goes to sleep between 9:30 and 10 and wakes between 5 and 5:30. He typically goes to sleep again for an hour after eating. Oh, and he cluster feeds from 5 or 6 pm until bedtime.
  • The longest stretch is from about 8-2am, so about 6 hours. Then I feed him and then he sleeps from about 2:30-5/6 somewhere around there and then we're up for the day. He is formula fed.

The 6 hour stretch didn't start happening until LO was about 2 and a half months. It does happen eventually! 

• ~7 hours.  DS is down for the night between 8 and 8:30 and wakes up around 3 to eat. 
  • What do you guys mean when you say cluster feed? I feed every 3h during the day and every 2 during the evening...
  • DS is EBF with the exception of 1.5 ounces of formula added to his bottle right before bed.  (Went back to work and wanted to make sure he'd eat formula in case I had supply issues)  He goes to sleep around 9:00pm and will almost always sleep until 6am.....has been doing this since 7 1/2 weeks.  He really tanks up at night, though.  He does 4 ounces at 5:30pm, 4 ounces at 7:30pm, and another 4 ounces at 9pm right before bed.  It's kind of insane. 

Our pediatrician isn't that happy with it, though....he says he likes to see them take a nighttime feeding until they are 4 months old.  So don't be too discouraged -- you might be exhausted but my pediatrician would love you!  ;)  

• Thanks everyone! I exclusively pump so LO is getting 4 ounces every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Hoping one night he just surprises me and gives me a little more sleep. It is so hard b/c I feed him a bottle and then have to pump so I am up each time for 45 minutes to an hour. It is killing me.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is the longest stretch of sleep your LO gets at night? What time do you put your little one down for the night?
    DD sleeps through the night and has for the last 2 and 1/2 weeks.  She has her last feeding sometime between 8-8:30pm and basically nurses to sleep, so she is asleep and in her crib by about 9pm.  She sleeps until 5:45-6:30am.  So, she's getting anywhere from 8-9hrs of sleep. 

Do you BF or FF? I BF

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 8-9 hours.  I BF.  He cluster feeds from about 5 or 6pm until 10 or 11 when we put him down.  He'll sleep till 6:30 or so, eat then go back to sleep till 9am.  I feel very lucky..hes been doing this since 5.5 weeks old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"