1st Trimester

Pregnancy after Mirena

This is more of a post out of curiousity.  How many of you had Mirena before TTC?  And after removal, how long did it take you to get your BFP?  I had Mirena from June of 2008 to February of 2010.  We got our BFP in June.  I heard some people get pregnant right after removal, while with others it takes awhile longer.  This may or may not have to do with the Mirena itself.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pregnancy after Mirena

• I got pregnant with my daughter while still on Mirena.  I know that doesn't really help answer your question, sorry.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine out in feb 2010, waited a couple of months to ttc and got my bfp last week!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Mirena out end of March 2009.

First cycle (April) we avoided to thicken up the uterus lining (OB recommendation) and then we got our BFP after my May AF.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • imageLantaria:
    I got pregnant with my daughter while still on Mirena.  I know that doesn't really help answer your question, sorry.  Good luck!

I have heard of that happening, but moreso heard of all of the things that would go wrong if you get pregnant while it was inserted.  So happy that everything turned out okay for you.  What a blessing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got mine oyt in nov. After five yrs exactly with Mirena. We waited ttc till may and got pregnant first try. Congrats
  • I had mine from September 2007 - April 2010. We started trying right away. Had a long 1st cycle, but got a BFP in mid-June. I'm sure it varies person-to-person, and I never had problems conceiving prior to Mirena, so I'm sure that's why I had luck after it was removed.
  • I had my Mirena out after 5 yrs exactly in Nov. We waited to TTC until may. we got pregnant on our first try. congrats
  • Had the Mirena out in March, got prego in May.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Took us five months
  • AKMrsBAKMrsB member
    I had my Mirena out in February '10, didn't start TTC until May, BFP on sunday on my 3 cycle
  • imagebethy84:
    Got it removed, first cycle out and I was pg.

This for us, too.  It took 5 cycles with DS when I hadn't had the mirena.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"