Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fighting naps

I'm about to go crazy today, DD will fall sound asleep-arms limp, mouth wide open, etc- while eating, or while i'm bouncing/rocking her. I'll go to lay her down (i've tried waiting as long as 15 minutes before doing so) and within a minute of her being put down she's wide awake.  Any tips or tricks i can try? She really needs to nap or I have a feeling we'll be in for a rough night--and mommy hasn't even had a chance to move last night's CD's into the dryer! yikes!

Re: Fighting naps

• Options
    Try singing to her while you hold her and when you put her down, keep singing for a while.  Also, if you keep your hand firmly on her chest, she might feel like someone's still holding her and fall right asleep.  FWIW, my little man doesn't like afternoon naps much himself.  He'll nap in his swing in the morning, but that's about it!  Good luck.
  • Options
    When DS fights afternoon naps, he gets swaddled.  It instantly knocks him out, even when he's fussy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to suggest swaddling too. MY DD falls asleep SO easily when someone is holding her, and I think part of the reason is because she's all cozy like in the womb-i think when babies are laid down in the crib, they sense the "vastness" of it and hate it. I think that's why my DD also loves the swing and bouncer because she's more enclosed there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sometimes I just have to keep holding him for him to take a nap. It's better than nothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Vacuum or hair dryer on cool setting, next to the crib/sleeping place for 10 minutes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    our pedi suggested taking a heating pad and warming up the crib/pack 'n play before we put ds down for a nap, then swaddling him.  She said that her kids always fell right to sleep.  Just don't leave the heating pad in the crib/pack n' play. =)
  • Options

No sound advice different than the previous posters, but my DS does the same thing and my clothes are still in the wash as well!

• Options

I was just coming on here to ask for the same advice! It has been about a week now that my mini pain-in-the-bum Wink wakes up as soon as he is put down.

I'll try swaddling him, but he isso tall he doesn't fit in the covers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"