Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What theme are you doing -1st birthday?!?!

I can't help myself but to think ahead and start planning DS 1st birthday! I think we will do something casual at home- BBQ. It will be Oct and Omaha has such unpredictible weather...I'm afraid to plan something outside...it could be 90 degrees or there could be snow on the ground, so it's hard to figure out what to do... Anyways, I think we are going to do a football NE Huskers theme, since it will be right during football season! :-)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What theme are you doing -1st birthday?!?!

• Ours is in October too and I know it's early to start planning, but here are some themes I've thought of doing:  Firetrucks (he loves his toy one), John Deer Tractors (our families are somewhat redneck), or a preppy theme with little ties, jackets, and boat shoes and then the guests would all dress up a little too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lkichlkich member
    We aren't doing a theme but I just had to give your LO props, he's so cute!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are October too and in Alabama that can mean gorgeous weather or rainy and yucky...I'm really hoping for the gorgeous :)  We are having it at my parents since they have a great backyard and if it is yucky then there is plenty of room inside.

I am thinking of going with an Our Little Pumpkin is One theme and using all fall decorations like hay bales and pumpkins and leaves and such.  And we would have a weenie roast.  That's about as far as I have gotten.  I am pretty excited even if it is a bit early :)

• imagestar21gazer:

We are October too and in Alabama that can mean gorgeous weather or rainy and yucky...I'm really hoping for the gorgeous :)  We are having it at my parents since they have a great backyard and if it is yucky then there is plenty of room inside.

I am thinking of going with an Our Little Pumpkin is One theme and using all fall decorations like hay bales and pumpkins and leaves and such.  And we would have a weenie roast.  That's about as far as I have gotten.  I am pretty excited even if it is a bit early :)

I can totally picture this! Crisp Autumn air, bonfire, smores....sounds terrific!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel so lame. We are not doing any kind of theme. It's just going to be a birthday party BBQ. We dont really have very many people we know that live around us, so it's just going to be a small thing. Eh =
  • Late August in New England - we're doing a dinosaur theme  :-)
  • Thing 1 Thing 2 :)
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• imagesheskay:
    Late August in New England - we're doing a dinosaur theme  :-)
  • He loves..well obsessed with mickey mouse. I'm not a big fan of character bdays but since this and food are about the only 2 things he likes, we are doing a Mickey Beach Theme..pool party. Its florida and his bday is oct2nd so it should be pretty warm!
  • We are going jungle/safari animals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • He loves Elmo so we are going with that.  Haven't decided if we're going to do regular Elmo or the Sesame Beginnings 1st Bday party theme.  His bday is Aug 3rd, so we are having a bbq, but I fully expect everyone to be inside since it is soooo hot in the midwest in August!
  • imagestar21gazer:

We are doing the same thing! DD's birthday is October 30th so I thought that would be good for her first birthday. Decorating will be really easy too. Have you decided what your DD will wear?

• we're doing mod monkey in the fall, can't wait :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"