1st Trimester

I need some advice - I think I'm m/c

I don't know what I should do.  I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and I just went to the bathroom and there was some red blood when I wiped.  My OB's office is closed since it's Sunday.  Should I wait to go till tomorrow to call my OB's office or should I go to the ER?  I've never been through this before.  What would you do?  I'm so sad :(

imageimageimageimage

Re: I need some advice - I think I'm m/c

• vflipovflipo member
    Does your doctor have an after hours line? If so, definitely call them. I see no harm in going to the ER if you're really concerned. Good luck! I hope everything is ok.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • call your ob's office, they will have an emergency line where you can speak to a dr on call or a midwife.  i'm so sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes
    imageNeudorfer:
    call your ob's office, they will have an emergency line where you can speak to a dr on call or a midwife.  i'm so sorry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You could go to the ER, but there is nothing that they can do.  Some red blood is not necessary a m/c.  I'd wait and see, calling your doctor in the morning.  

The exception being if the bleeding becomes super heavy, you run a fever, have seriously painful cramps or are otherwise in a not normal state.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I'm so sorry : ( It's so scary when there's blood.

If it would make you feel better, then go to the ER. There isn't really anything they can do for you. But if you'd like peace of mind by all means go.

When I m/c I called the nurses line and that's basically what they told me. I then went in the following Monday or Tuesday to check my hcg levels.  

• Put your feet up, drink lots of water, and call the on call doc. Usually offices have an answering service and can help you. I hope it's nothing, good luck I know it's scary.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same thing happen at 6w2d and I went to the ER. They did an u/s and we saw the HB and saw the bleed, and the baby was fine. (see ticker below--she's ready to come out any day now) So, if it will make you feel better, go to the ER
  • i recommend calling the on-call dr.  stay hydrated and put your feet up.  red blood does not always mean m/c. thoughts and prayers to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBallSox:

Some red blood is not necessary a m/c.  I'd wait and see, 

Ditto to this too, I bled when I was pregnant with dd starting at 6 weeks for 2 or 3 weeks. 

• I just want to add, some Insurance companies have stricter rules on what they will cover for an ER visit.  For instance, my insurance has great coverage for a visit that is life-threatening, but covers nothing if it's not.  I don't want to seem too harsh about not sending every spotter to the ER, but waiting less than 24 hours at home and paying a $20 co-pay tomorrow---- vs going in, paying a huge copay (if not more) and potentially waiting for HOURS on end, only to be told (if it's bad news) they can't do anything about it anyways?  

:shrugs:  To each their own, but most of the time, light bleeding/spotting is harmless (physically).  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Sending you my T & P!, sorry your going this stressful moment
  • This happened to me last night.  Because I have a history of early mc's, we decided to go to the ER.  It gave me peace of mind.  They were able to get my Beta, and I will be calling my RE in the morning to make an appt for the next Beta.  We were able to see the baby, which is currently still a bag of fluids, but...  Baby is measuring exactly to date.  And they were able to check how much blood was in my cervix, which was thankfully very little.  The ER dr explained to me that my body is probably confused by the pregnancy, and that it thinks that I should be starting my period.  I can also say that other than a tiny bit of blood this morning, I have not had any more spotting.  Good luck, and I hope that everything turns out well for you and your baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you everyone for the advice.  I called my OB's office and spoke with the on call dr.  She said that it's not uncommon to have some spotting especially around 6 - 7 weeks as the pregnancy implants into the uterus.  She said for now just to watch it and if it becomes more like a period flow or if I start to have any pain/cramping then to call in the morning so I can be seen sooner.

I had always heard that spotting is ok if it's brown but if it's red then it's usually bad which is what has me so freaked out.  I never experienced any spotting when I was pregnant with my DS.

I guess I'll just wait for now and hope for a happy ending.  Thanks again.

imageimageimageimage
  • I had some bright red bleeding around 12 weeks with LO #1.  I was freaking out, but the OB said that it was most likely because I had spent the week setting up my classroom for the new school year and there was lots of moving of furniture and heavy lifting.  I hope all is well and take it easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"