Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you had a c/s...pls come in

If you had a c/s come in pls...Did you have staples or stitches? If you had staples did your incision open or ooze outwards at all after the staples were removed?My OB tells me it's normal for the site to open a little due to my weight and as long as it's only oozing outwards and not inside then she is not worried. This happened with my first c/s with Ella too so I was prepared for it. I'm just nervous that it's going to get worse as I'm up and about caring for both kids.

Re: If you had a c/s...pls come in

• i had staples but no oozing.  they removed them before i left the hospital and put steri strips on-- never had any issues with it opening!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesturgeje:
    i had staples but no oozing.  they removed them before i left the hospital and put steri strips on-- never had any issues with it opening!
    this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had staples and I had a lot of oozing but my scar is vertical and not horizontal so I don't know if that make s a difference. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• wuhhoowuhhoo member

imagesturgeje:
    i had staples but no oozing.  they removed them before i left the hospital and put steri strips on-- never had any issues with it opening!

This and I'm a bit overweight as well and my doctor never mentioned that could cause issues. With that said, my lower abdomen still feels really weird since the surgery (about 17 days ago now).

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The first time I had stitches and no oozing. The 2nd time I had staples and only had oozing the first day or so after they were removed.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • imagesturgeje:

This is what happened to me too.  I had one staple site that was a little bloody, but that's from my OB having difficulty removing it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesturgeje:

This.

• I had dissolvable stitches and steri-strips.  I haven't had any oozing that I know of - the area was just a little itchy right before I took the steri-strips off.

Anyone know how they make the determination to use staples or stitches?  I'm just curious....

• I had staples and they were removed 5 days after my c/s. Everything was fine (no drainage or oozing) until about a week and a half after my staples were removed.  I started having yellowish/orange oozing and then developed a big lump under my incision.  I went back to my doctor a week ago and he opened my incision a little to allow it to drain. He also put me on antibiotics and said it was a superficial infection.  It is much better now.  There is still a small opening where he cut it, but it is slowly closing.  I am being very diligent with keeping it clean and dry! 

imageimage

• I had staples and only one little spot oozed for a few weeks.

• with my first csection I had it open and ooze and the doctor wasnt concerned and it was staples.  My second csection was also staples and they put in a drainage tube that they took out before i left the hospital.  It Healed so good.  Now with my 3rd csection I had only steri strips and i did open up a bit and it scared me with that one but the doctor said that it was normal for that to happen and that they wanted that to happen.  so you will be fine.  HOpe that this helps.
  • I had staples with my first and second c/s, they were removed before I left the hospital both times. I did have my incision open and drain the first time, it got infected and my doctor told me to air it out, encourage it to drain and put me on an antibiotic. This time I haven't had any issues with my incision. HTH
  • I had no external resorbable stitches...just surgical adhesive externally.  I had no problems at all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"