Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

12 month old napping schedule

My DD usually gets up for the day at 5:30 am and naps around 8 for 45 mins then naps again around 1pm for about an hour and then goes down for the night around 7:15 ish. Daycare would like to eliminate her morning nap and have her nap from 1230-230 only... that's what "all the toddlers do"... is your 12 month old doing this? My DD still gets up 1-2 times a night to nurse... I'm not sure when we'll fully wean... any input?? TIA!

Re: 12 month old napping schedule

• Options

DS naps sometimes in the morning but only if he's had a bad night or we are in the car.  He tends to nap from 1:30 - 4:00 give or take.  

He wakes up anywhere from 7:30- 8:30 and goes to sleep at 7:00.  HTH! 

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Options
    DD doesn't nap super well at daycare, but she will do a short AM and PM nap. At home, she still takes a long, 2 hour plus morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. I don't see her dropping either one anytime soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would love for DS to take one big nap, but he still naps at 8:30 and 1:00.  I don't know how you change that or force a change a naps.  He is truly tired when he takes that morning nap.  I wish he would just sleep later, but again, how can you force that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most babies dont drop that morning nap till 14+ months. I'd say your DC is asking a bit much, and/or asking for an overtired baby.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I couldn't imagine dropping the am nap at this time.  DS naps from about 10am-12pm.  The if we are lucky he will take an afternoon nap, but not always.  I think they are asking for too much.
  • Options
    My guy gets up between 5-6 and usually goes down for his first nap around 8-9. Second nap is around 1-2. We are still up 2-3 times a night as well. And FWIW, I think your daycare is full of it and if I were you I would tell them to GTH.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    Thanks for all of the input!!
  • Options

B is 11 months and during the week at daycare he naps for 2.5 hours in the afternoon (1-3:30) and then goes to be around 7, he is up around 7 and up 1 or 2 times to nurse (doesn't take very much BM at daycare so I have to make up for that).

On the weekends he gets up at 7 and goes down for a nap at 9:30. It probably lasts 2 hours. He also will take an afternoon nap usually around 2:00 for a hour or 2. Same bedtime as during the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"