High-Risk Pregnancy

Cervix down to .8 and only 27 weeks with twins-any thoughts

My cervix went from 3.0 on June to .8 as of Tuesday. I have been in the hospital 4 times now and each time get released after my contractions have slowed down-on a terb pump. I have been on modified best rest although really not doing anything but going to the bathroom. Since last week's cervical length I have now have funneling.I made it 5 more weeks at least. I was hoping my cervix was going to stablize, but it has not. Anyone else have this issue? I fear I will go into labor anyday now.

Re: Cervix down to .8 and only 27 weeks with twins-any thoughts

• What does your doctor say about this?  Is he concerned you are going to go into labor?  Have you had steroid shots?

I don't have any experience with this because I had an emergent cerclage placed at 22 weeks due to preterm labor.  These questions just came to mind, so I thought I would bring them to your attention. 

Sorry I am not more help, but good luck!  Keep us updated!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have another follow up with maternal fetal medicine on Monday. I really think they did not want to release me, but it seemed my OB and the nurses did at the hospital since my contractions stablized. I think there is not much they can do at this point. I was not a candidate at the time for the cerclage at 23 weeks when my cervix went from 3cm to 1.8cm. I did get the steroids already and may get another round depending on Monday's visit. Hope to hang on to 28 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh just lay in bed, take it easy, and I hope you can hold out a little longer!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"