3rd Trimester

will you do an enema before birth?(gross, sorry)

you know...to eliminate going during delivery? I never heard of anyone doing this until it came up recently with some girlfriends. Is anyone planning to do this?

Re: will you do an enema before birth?(gross, sorry)

• No, I will not.  If I poop during delivery so be it.  They are used to it and get it cleaned up so fast.
  • I have not, and will not! I did not poop during either of my first two deliveries, and it was honestly the last thing on my mind at the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am required to administer one at home before arriving at the midwifery center since I want to deliver in the tub.  It's their policy.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • I did not with ds, and the hospital does not do them anymore. Anyways, when labor starts you may get sick to your stomach, and there will be no need for one. And, enemas are not fun. I would not subject myself to that when I'm having a baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • Nah.  I didn't with DS.  They've seen it all before. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • well, at the risk of tmi, i DID my first delivery AND my obnoxious, unprofessional dr. actually made a comment to the nurse under her breath, and i heard. I'm not going to say what she said, but that was about the last thing I wanted to deal with while trying to deliver a baby. So now I am paranoid about it I guess.
  • My hospital offered and I did it, I actually liked being "cleaned out" but that is me and I will probably do it this time too.
  • YulesYules member

imageAmymarie13:
    well, at the risk of tmi, i DID my first delivery AND my obnoxious, unprofessional dr. actually made a comment to the nurse under her breath, and i heard. I'm not going to say what she said, but that was about the last thing I wanted to deal with while trying to deliver a baby. So now I am paranoid about it I guess.

What an a**hole!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm thinking about it, mostly because DH wants to deliver the baby himself. I don't really love the idea of him being front and center for THAT ((shudder)).
  • imageAmymarie13:
    well, at the risk of tmi, i DID my first delivery AND my obnoxious, unprofessional dr. actually made a comment to the nurse under her breath, and i heard. I'm not going to say what she said, but that was about the last thing I wanted to deal with while trying to deliver a baby. So now I am paranoid about it I guess.

Wooowww....how frickin professional.  I would've written a very angry review on Yelp...that's completely uncalled for.

• imageCoastieWife08:
    I am required to administer one at home before arriving at the midwifery center since I want to deliver in the tub.  It's their policy.

I will also add that my MW's claim their clients actually like having the enema.  Well, not the actual cleaning out part haha, but the side-effect of having pressure relieved and it makes more room for the baby to drop down.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • imageAmymarie13:

This unfortunately happened to me as well.  Sad

• I am delivering at a midwife-led center in a tub, and non one's mentioned it, so I am guessing they don't require it at my place. Hadn't crossed my mind.

Honestly I doubt there will be anything left in there by delivery time at this point. The past few days have been a doozy. 

• imagechach916:

imageAmymarie13:

omg, i have to know what she said!  That is beyond horrible.  

• YES. I'm extremely modest and I'll do anything to lessen the chance of that happening during delivery. Bring on the enema!
  • imageLovin Wife:
    My hospital offered and I did it, I actually liked being "cleaned out" but that is me and I will probably do it this time too.

this. being cleaned out means less back pain.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't with DD.  I was totally paranoid about blowing a load on the table and it didn't help that giving birth to me felt like I had to crap out a soccer ball.  My entire family and my MIL were all in the room and my crotch and all it's glory was the main attraction, it was awful, (next time it's just going to be my husband and I) 

I had so much pressure on my tailbone, I was sure I was pooping everywhere and I was surprised that I didn't.  BTW, its hard to push and clench your butt together....lol. Believe me, I was desperate and tried that tactic, it didn't work.

• delg23delg23 member
    imageJMama10:
    imagechach916:

imageAmymarie13:

omg, i have to know what she said!  That is beyond horrible.  

she made a comment about you having an enema or pooping? I want to know what she said too! What a horrible dr. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As soon as my contractions started my body cleaned itself out for a few hours... no need for an enema.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • With all this talk I am debating trying it unless my body cleans it self out on it's own like a lot of other women have stated on here. But at which point would you know when to do take it? Any body know the answer to this I would love to hear. Thanks

• My doctor required one upon being admitted with my older son.  I am so glad he did because I felt so much better after being cleaned out.  I think it actually relaxed me a bit more.  Hopefully my current doctor will do this as well. 
  • This is my first baby and unless my body handles that for me, I am definitely getting one. I cant imagine having everyone watch me poo, I mean they are already seeing all my other junk....that would just be to much. eeeeww.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~*Mrs.Gallegos*~
  • i plan on requesting one when we get to the hospital.. I dont want to poop all over myself i want it to be an experience to remember!
  • omg I would've raised so much hell if I heard some a**hole doctor make a comment. I gotta know what was said too, Im curious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"