2nd Trimester
Options

Weird cramps/pain and a little pressure...

Just wondering if anyone else had any weird pains/cramping with some occasional pressure in their pelvic area around 17 weeks.  I'll be 18 weeks this next Monday and for a couple days now I've had this...it isn't anything terrible to where I can't function just noticed some occasional cramping/pressure with some pains.  I read in my Pregnancy Day by Day book that the uterus is still stretching and growing so wasn't sure if it is normal to feel this or not.  I thought I'd call and ask my doctor's nurse tomorrow too but just thought I'd see if this is normal with anyone else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weird cramps/pain and a little pressure...

• Options
    My doctor told me that cramps are normal as long as there is no spotting/bleeding going along with it. I still get cramps from time to time.
  • Options
    Actually I just saw my midwife today and she told me that its normal--may be contractions or may be a side effect of the zofran that im taking for nausea....but she said either way it's nothing too worrisome; I'm also around 17 weeks 4 days
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I called my MW for the same reason.  She said it was RL or BH.  I was pretty good about drinking water but she said to up it to 9 - 10 glasses a day rather than 8.  I've  been fine since.  If it does bother you, call your DR/MW - they can at least give you peace of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the same thing because since last night I've been feeling the same kind of cramps and pressure...I really need to up my water intake though :-/

• Options
    I've been having cramping/pressure too, it's nothing like an m/c so I haven't been worried.  I'm sure yours is normal as long as its not intense enough where you can't function.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"