Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Diaper Genie? Yes or No?

Hi ladies, I'm posting from the 2cd trimester, and wondering if registering for a Diaper Genie is worth it or not? I can just get up and put the diaper in the garbage, so is there any other benefit/disadvantage to it? Thanks for the help!

Re: Diaper Genie? Yes or No?

• We have the diaper dekor, but honestly I dont think it is worth having a diaper pail at all.

We have to empty it every day because it is so small-pretty much the same size as the diaper genie, and I wish that I would have just used a regular trash can and taken it out as needed,

• No.

We just used the trash can. The trash goes out nightly, so it's no big deal.

She's even on solids now so diapers are getting a little worse, but the trash can still works fine.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Loading the player...
  • we dont have one, the trash can works just as good for us...

1ht

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love our diaper champ since it just takes grocery bags.  It holds the smell decently.  Even with 2 in diapers we only empty it every 2-3 days.
  • i don't think it's worth it, and then you have the constant reccuring cost of buying the refills for it.  we just got a little steel trash can with a lid and we take the bag out once a day or every other day, depending on how full it is.  much easier & cheaper.
  • I mostly CD so I didn't get one, but my disposables go in a can in the nursery.  Since LO is BF, they don't really smell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I really like our diaper genie.  We only put dirty diapers in it not pee diapers.  It keeps our trash from smelling too bad.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dvroxydvroxy member

imageteach2183:
    We love our diaper champ since it just takes grocery bags.  It holds the smell decently.  Even with 2 in diapers we only empty it every 2-3 days.

Same

• I love our diaper genie. Totally worth it.
  • We have the champ - but, use the trash bin downstairs - but, my opinion may change when we introduce solid foods...
  • imageLambie.:
    I love our diaper genie. Totally worth it.

Ours was a gift. I was going to return it, but we're really happy we kept it. 

• We have the genie elite as well and we love it! It actually holds a lot of diapers, we only have to empty it like once a week, and there is no smell!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • We found that just tossing them in our incenerator gets rid of the smell pretty well.
  • We also have the Elite model and love it.  Highly recommend!
  • imagedvroxy:

imageteach2183:
    We love our diaper champ since it just takes grocery bags.  It holds the smell decently.  Even with 2 in diapers we only empty it every 2-3 days.

Same

me too.  our boxer is an awsome dumpster diver and has found his way into every trash bin style.  he cant get into the champ and we change it like once a week maybe more.  it dosnt smell at all and its in our livingroom.

• We had a Diaper Genie Elite in the nursery and liked it enough to get another one for downstairs. We empty the one downstairs every week or so, the one upstairs lasts about 10 days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageka2shaz:
    We had a Diaper Genie Elite in the nursery and liked it enough to get another one for downstairs. We empty the one downstairs every week or so, the one upstairs lasts about 10 days.

I've thought anout getting another for the first floor as well, but so far we've been good about taking the diapers out to the big can in the garage.  I love our diaper genie in the nursery though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"