March 2011 Moms

Nervous about miscarriage

So, I had my 2 beta tests on Friday and Monday, as well as a thyroid and progesterone. I just called the office and talked to the nurse to get my results (which, with pregnancy #1, the nurse would tell me the results over the phone) and she said, "the doctor's going to call and talk to you." That sounds like he has bad news to tell me.

So, now I am panicking, of course. Plus, this weekend, I had a little brown clump of blood (appleseed size) come out in the toilet, as well as some mild cramping and diarrhea. I know that I'm probably just being paranoid, but I had no weird 1st tri symptoms like this last time. Ugh. I just wish my doctor would CALL me already.

Re: Nervous about miscarriage

• praying everything is okay!  hugs!
  • I am sorry, I know its stressful, but try to not panick.  I know, easier said than done, trust me!  But try to relax, it could just be a new protocol!!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's odd that they are having the doctor talk to you. They keep my doctor locked behind a force field of nurses and the only way you can "talk" to him is through them.

That being said brown blood can be normal and so is cramping and diarrhea. I will keep you in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try not to stress. He could easily be calling you to explain instead of having them do it. Hope you talk to him soon!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • I am sorry you are going through this.

I know a lot of nurses will not give ANY information, good or bad over the phone so keep your head up.  I'm sure everything will be OK.

Please keep us updated.  You will definitely be in my thoughts today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had nurses break bad news over the phone and I've had my doctor call me to explain how he wants me to take my medicine, if he wants to up it, lower it or check to see how things are going.  I wouldn't worry too much - I know, much easier said than done.  Keep us updated though!
  • I would think the worst too if the nurse said the dr. was going to call me. Hopefully it's nothing. Try not to stress and good luck.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I hope that they just want to have the doctor talk to you because maybe they need to supplement your progesterone or thyroid.  Those are definately reasons that the nurse would have you wait to talk to him.  You'll be in my T&P good luck.
  • Thanks so much, everybody. I really appreciate the support. I will keep ya'll posted.
  • I'm sure everything is fine. I know it's hard to remain calm and not think the worst though. I'll keep you in my T&P.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry that must be so stressful.  I hope it's good news.

Keep us posted

dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I really hope that it ends up being nothing and that they get back to you quickly.  Keep us posted. 
  • I hope your doctor gets back to you quickly.  I know the wait would kill me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • (((HUGS))) I know I can tell you not to worry, but that is impossible.  I'm thinking about you and hoping you hear from your doc soon.
  • Here's hoping the doctor calls you soon, so you can not stress so much! Do whatever you can to relax until then! Praying for good news.
  • im kind of nervous about miscarrying too. i had the largest starbucks coffee available, an Aleve, and a couple sodas before i took my pregnancy test. oh and i also worked out as hard as i could for a few days. ive asked around and a lot of women are saying its no big deal, the baby should be fine. but im still gonna worry until i see or hear a heartbeat.
  • I heard brown spotting is normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"