3rd Trimester

Talk to me about this

GBS test. I am having it done on Thursday. Are they sticking a swab up my ahole??
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Talk to me about this

• Mine was just cervix.  I couldn't tell what he was doing separate from the rest of the internal.  So I guess he might have swabbed my ahole, but nothing went INSIDE.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • HAHA!  I just had mine on Friday and the swab went up the vag and around my butthole.  I wasn't expecting that and jumped a little when my Dr. did it.  He started laughing  and by the end of the appt I was almost falling off the table, he makes me laugh so hard!  Best Dr. ever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's seriously nothing to worry about. Mine was swabbed behind and it was super quick and not really invasive at all. Then right after they checked my progress and I was on my way.

• For mine, you are allowed to do it yourself. They give you a swab, and with one end you swab in your vagina and with the other end in your rectum.
  • CamFamCamFam member

Mine was an internal swab of my vagina (not sure how far she went) and a swipe across the outside of my toosh. Took about 5 seconds. Smile

After that, I had my first internal to check for dilation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm glad you asked this, I get mine Wednesday. I was wondering the same thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageabdearling:
    For mine, you are allowed to do it yourself. They give you a swab, and with one end you swab in your vagina and with the other end in your rectum.

This

• hahaha your funny!  No not up your ahole. just around it lol... nothing goes inside.
  • Honestly, I didn't even feel it.  If she hadn't told me she did it I never would have known.  Nothing went inside.
  • imageKaidee0710:
    hahaha your funny!  No not up your ahole. just around it lol... nothing goes inside.

My midwife must have been messing with me because there was definately some ahole penetration! ewwww

• seriously it takes 5 sec and the circle it in and swab it down around your "ahole". Super easy.
  • That's so interesting that some doctor's let you do it, and some do it themselves.

My doc just did a quick sweep in my vagina, and then around my "ahole", definitely not in it. It was kinda gross though, it made a noise...DH laughed, I wanted to die.

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mine was briefly in the vagina and then around the rectal area..a little uncomfortable but nothing painful
  • imageMama2beNY:
    Honestly, I didn't even feel it.  If she hadn't told me she did it I never would have known.  Nothing went inside.

this... 

• imageMama2beNY:
    Honestly, I didn't even feel it.  If she hadn't told me she did it I never would have known.  Nothing went inside.

definitely this -- it happened so fast I barely felt it.

• I was in stirrups and had the speculum.  He swabbed my vag and not my anus.  Can't even feel it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"