Babies: 0 - 3 Months

About eco-friendly diapers... questions!

I've been thinking about using eco-friendly diapers on my 6 week old. Some how, I found a link to these gDiapers and started reading different reviews online. Most of them said they were good but they would leak quite a bit, specially as your baby gets older and starts moving more. On the website, they promise these are the best 'green' diapers and work much better than any other. I used normal disposable diapers on my daughter 5 years ago but this time, I wanted to try something different, hopefully something that would help the environment.

I have a few questions about eco-friendly diapers... 

1) What are your personal experiences with the gDiapers or any other 'green' diaper?

2) What other kinds of eco-friendly diapers are there? Some pros and cons?

3) How hard is it to use cloth diapers?

4) How practical are these diapers? Is there a lot of cleaning or complicated assembling? 

Before hand, thank you so much! I really want to know what other moms think of these products and see what other possibilities we have.

THANK YOU!  

Re: About eco-friendly diapers... questions!

• 1) What are your personal experiences with the gDiapers or any other 'green' diaper? We use cloth diapers only.2) What other kinds of eco-friendly diapers are there? Some pros and cons?  We use a combination of prefolds, fitteds & a few all in ones.3) How hard is it to use cloth diapers? not hard whatsoever.  The only additional thing is the washing.  We wash daily & it's one load of laundry.  Takes longer than a normal load though b/c you have to do a cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse then dry.4) How practical are these diapers? Is there a lot of cleaning or complicated ensembling? I love cloth diapers. Would never use disposibles. Let me know if you have other questions. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • AbJamsAbJams member
    imageMWoodside:
    1) What are your personal experiences with the gDiapers or any other 'green' diaper? We use cloth diapers only. 2) What other kinds of eco-friendly diapers are there? Some pros and cons?  We use a combination of prefolds, fitteds & a few all in ones. 3) How hard is it to use cloth diapers? not hard whatsoever.  The only additional thing is the washing.  We wash daily & it's one load of laundry.  Takes longer than a normal load though b/c you have to do a cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse then dry. 4) How practical are these diapers? Is there a lot of cleaning or complicated ensembling? I love cloth diapers. Would never use disposibles.   Let me know if you have other questions. 

All of these answers apply to us, except right now we just use prefolds. Love them, and as of now I can't imagine going to sposies, even "eco-friendly" ones.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you girls! I'm going to do some research on cloth diapers, they seem to sound a lot more uncomplicated than I imagined they were. I'll see if I have any more questions and I'll write to you. But so far, all of my questions have been answered. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"