3rd Trimester

when did your baby settled (engaged) on your pelvis?

had my 39w appointment and was told that im 3 cm dilated. doc wants to keep me in the hospital to induce me if the baby wasnt floating like what she is in right now. anyway, so i was sent home and was told to walk and all, and then just wait. she says its either its not yet time or the baby cant fit in the pelvis.

when did your LOs settled (engaged)? thanks

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: when did your baby settled (engaged) on your pelvis?

• Still hasn't.

• Mine was early--I was 34 weeks, 4 days. I told the doctor and I think she thought I was dull of it, but when she went to examine me, she said baby was fully engaged. For some women (particularly 2nd time Moms) it doesn't happen until right before birth, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first I think I was right around 36 weeks and he was born at exactly 38 weeks. This time I don't think she has yet.
  • With all my pregnancies the baby has been in my pelvis around 35 or 36w.

Good luck!!  Lots of walking, but also sitting and bouncing on an exercise ball will help too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Mine started to settle two weeks ago but was floating a little. At my appt last week she was fully engaged.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesoftskate31:

As far as I know my LO's head is sitting on my cervix - not sure if this is "engaged" or not - but I am almost fully effaced now.

This happened sometime around 35 weeks.

This....my baby's head is right on top of my cervix from what I saw in the ultrasound on Tuesday while in the hospital.  Previously, she was head up (breech) only 5 days prior at my 32w1d appointment. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my first it happened at 34 weeks and I had her at 39 weeks. With this pg it just happened this week so I'm excited to see when I have her this time around.
  • mlb277mlb277 member
    Mine has been for a few days
  • i am just 33 weeks with my second child and he is engaged already but no dilation yet. everyone as well as every pregnacy is different so i would worry to much inless doctor starts to worry about L.Os size
  • Two days ago (38 weeks).  My DD never dropped/engaged...until I was 10 cm.
  • Baby was at 0 station (engaged) at my 37 week appointment, but had popped back up to a -2 at my 38 week appointment.  I have no idea where he is now.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • I dont know if she is "engaged" but her head has been right on the cervix for a couple weeks now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"