3rd Trimester

Anyone else? Dull constant PMS-like cramps..

For the last week I've had the feeling like my period was going to start.. that PMS-like cramp really low. It doesnt get any better or worse, stays pretty constant. I feel like I just need a heating pad or something! At night, its always more noticible and is accompanied by some back ache. I experience BH throughout the day (have since 25wks with PTL) but no particular pattern. I had my peri appt last week and mentioned it to her, they didnt seem too concerned since my cervix, although "short", hasn't changed in the last few weeks and is still closed. Just wondering if anyone else is having the constant dull pain..
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else? Dull constant PMS-like cramps..

• I have that, and no contractions per se. Two weeks ago I was still closed and high. Today I'm 3cm dialated!
  • Every Single Day....All day long....I dont get BH's but I get the cramps 247. My doc said everything was fine and all part of the fun. And Just drink lots of water when you feel them and stay off your feet.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • CamFamCamFam member
    Make sure you are staying hydrated. I complained of this today at my OB appointment and he said with the heat, we tend to get dehydrated quicker and really need to stay on top of liquids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have them too, all the time. I'd rather have contractions!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • delg23delg23 member
    yep I get them and drinking water does seem to help. And going to the bathroom (to pee) as soon as I get the urge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes!  every day for the past couple weeks, but mostly just in the mornings for a couple hours for me.  i too had zero progress at my 36 week appointment this week, but i sure wish it meant labor was just around the corner...
  • These have become the norm for me the past 2 weeks. Doc told me that they are commonly caused by your cervix thinning out in preperation for labor. She said it wasn't really an indication of labor, but at least a sign that my body is doing the right thing!

I told her I was glad to hear that it was for something and not just another one of those sucky parts about being pregnant. Every time I feel the cramps now I just tell myself "This is good. My body knows what it's doing!"

• I'm going through the exact same thing!!! Its really annoying!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnant image,image,image,image
  • This just started for me and I didn't know if I should be worried. Seems like it's pretty normal, huh? Oh pregnancy.....I'm over you.
  • Yep.  Doc says to drink water when I get them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"