3rd Trimester
Options

Dad mistaken for baby's father!!

I went out to dinner the other day with my Dad and when we walked in the hostess looks at me, looks at him and says "aaww is this your first together??"

At first I didn't understand why she said "together" and then I realized..

My Dad and I both busted out laughing and I explained that "He's my dad...."  My Dad looks good for being 55 but that was just too much. It's now the running joke of the house.

Re: Dad mistaken for baby's father!!

• Options
    This happened to me a few times (after DS was born) with my dad and more times than that when I was out with my brother!  My DS looks A LOT like my dad and brothers though, so I always chalked it up to how much they look alike.
  • Options

I was out to dinner once with my Dad in high school and our waiter recognized me and reported back to my boyfriend at the time that he caught me out "with some other guy"... so it happens!

Your Dad should take it as a compliment and you should be glad that you have his youthful genes.  And, FWIW, my DH's Dad was actually in his 50's when DH was born.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealdyn:

I was out to dinner once with my Dad in high school and our waiter recognized me and reported back to my boyfriend at the time that he caught me out "with some other guy"... so it happens!

Your Dad should take it as a compliment and you should be glad that you have his youthful genes.  And, FWIW, my DH's Dad was actually in his 50's when DH was born.

hahaha that's too funny! And my Dad totally took it as a compliment and was walking around gloating about "how young he must look" 

• Options
    That's funny.  At least it's better than when my mom was mistaken for my grandma.  She went gray early and had kids later. 
  • Options

EWWW! When I was in high school, I looked much older than I was, and if my dad and I went out to dinner together, someone would always say something about his "wife", referring to me.

It grossed me out so bad.  Stick out tongue

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    Your dad had to feel good after that comment, meaning made him feel younger Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's really funny. I've had people give me looks when I'm out with my brother but maybe that's just because we look so similar. My guy friends get lots of comments when we go out without my SO. They are used to it being assumed they are the dad.
  • Options
    I haven't had that happen but a week ago me and my mom went to the grocery store to get our grocery shopping done later at night and we took my 19 month old with us and I swear people were looking at us like we were "partners" (we got some pretty weird looks but no one said anything).  We both thought it was so funny!
  • Options
    Haha, that's funny. That reminds me of when my sister was getting married. We went to a bridal expo, and I was looking at some cakes with my BIL. At the time, I was 16 and he was 30. People thought we were getting married! It made him so mad he told off one of the vendors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

There was a Slate's Dear Prudence letter a few months ago from an older mother who was upset that her teen daughter got dirty looks every time she went out with her new baby sister. Some idiot even told the poor girl that she "should be ashamed of herself."

People jump to the most irrational conclusions sometimes.

I was home from college one vacation and out to lunch with my dad. While out, my mom got a phone call from someone at his work telling her that he was out with a girlfriend! 

I was around 19 when, while out Christmas shopping with my then 14-year-old brother, on the same trip, we were mistaken for girlfriend and boyfriend, and mother and son! Yikes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"