3rd Trimester
Options

I Miss Sleep! (vent)

Everyone keeps telling me the sleeplessness will only get worse when LO arrives but honestly, I'm looking forward to her birth so I can get MORE sleep!  I've averaged 3 hours a night this week just because I have insomnia  (I think it's nesting induced) and I'm so uncomfortable.  Throw together heartburn, peeing hourly, aches in my back, pelvis and wrists and the general discomfort of sporting a watermelon sized belly...oh, and the fact that I've struggled with falling asleep on my sides for the last 9 months because I'm a solid tummy sleeper...nursing may wake me up periodically but at least once I'm comfortable and the baby's not strapped to my midsection I can sleep in between.  Can't wait!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I Miss Sleep! (vent)

• Options

I honestly felt the same way about my 1st, I couldn't wait for him to be born so that I can sleep again.....wrong.  Believe it or not the sleep you get now is SO much more than you will be getting when your LO arrives.  Yes, you're uncomforable, you pee every few hours and you just want to sleep, but when that baby gets here its so different.

You can get up now and lay in your bed wide awake, but at least you can lay there.  When LO arrives its not just the feeding you have to deal with every 2 hours, its the process of feeding (which takes forever at first), then the diaper change, and hopefully not an outfit change as they poop at every feeding in the beginning, then its the process of getting them back to sleep soundly before they get up about 2 hours later to go through the whole thing again.  By the time you get back to sleep, you're up again and not on your own terms, on theirs.

I am writing this long reply since I have been up since 3am and can't go back to sleep.  I am trying to remind myself that I can have this "me" time now while I am still pg and my other 2 kids are still sleeping. 

• Options
    pwfpwf member
    uh this is how I feel... I wake up to pee like clockwork and 3:40 AM and I am up for the day. I can't believe I have four more weeks of this. It doesn't help that I am so stressed about work that when I lay there in bed I start to-do lists in my head and then just get up and go work on my sofa while my husband slumbers...
    Busy's First Trip to Ireland May 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageme92603:

I honestly felt the same way about my 1st, I couldn't wait for him to be born so that I can sleep again.....wrong.  Believe it or not the sleep you get now is SO much more than you will be getting when your LO arrives.  Yes, you're uncomforable, you pee every few hours and you just want to sleep, but when that baby gets here its so different.

You can get up now and lay in your bed wide awake, but at least you can lay there.  When LO arrives its not just the feeding you have to deal with every 2 hours, its the process of feeding (which takes forever at first), then the diaper change, and hopefully not an outfit change as they poop at every feeding in the beginning, then its the process of getting them back to sleep soundly before they get up about 2 hours later to go through the whole thing again.  By the time you get back to sleep, you're up again and not on your own terms, on theirs.

I am writing this long reply since I have been up since 3am and can't go back to sleep.  I am trying to remind myself that I can have this "me" time now while I am still pg and my other 2 kids are still sleeping. 

ditto this...hate to tell you but try to get in some naps now and maybe invest in a snoogle..I'm a tummy sleeper too and it worked wonders for me!

• Options
    I'm going to go on the flip side and say that I slept much better once my first arrived.  Yes, you definitely have to go through the process of feeding and changing them and it usually occurs every 2-4 hours, but then you can pass out and sleep!  One thing that definitely helped was following the advice of sleeping when the baby slept.  I took naps with him all throughout the day, and it helped immensely.  I'm really scared of sleep deprivation this time around since I won't be able to do that with two! 
  • Options
    I agree w/ the PP! I def. slept more once DS arrived  then I did while  pregnant. Mostly BECAUSE I was so exhausted! and I'm also a tummy sleeper. DS is pretty good about me napping for about an hour as long as I have Sesame Street on for him. SOOO as long as comcast doesn't do away w/it on demand then  I may be able to get an hour during the day.
  • Options
    imageme92603:

This- however, for me, sleep just doesn't matter that much anymore because I have my little guy!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I slept better once baby came the first time

I'm much more uncomfortable this time and can not wait for baby to come so I can sleep.

• Options
    ricejlricejl member
    I may not get more sleep once LO comes but at least I will be able to sleep on my back again and not have to struggle to get my big belly out of bed. That is what I'm looking forward too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
     I dont think I sleep anymore, I just take naps through out the day and night... can't sleep more then 2 hours w/o waking up bc of something ( contraction, uncomfortable, using the bathroom)
  • Options

" By the time you get back to sleep, you're up again and not on your own terms, on theirs."

This!  Now you can fall asleep when you're tired.  Once the baby is here you may find you start to fall asleep and then the baby wants to eat.  I found this with my DD, I would just start to get into a deep sleep and it was time to feed.  I guess you'll never know what is in store for you but people are right when they say try to get in naps now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I take a half Unisom every night. I still wake up several times because I'm uncomfortable, but mostly I sleep at least 9-10 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"