Attachment Parenting

Food sensitivity vent

So, yesterday evening, MIL and SIL stopped by to drop off DH's birthday present (and MORE clothes for DD), and they decided we would all have dinner together.

MIL decided she wanted pizza.....one of my faves before I cut out dairy and soy.

I sat there eating my ham sandwich watching and smelling that pizza.  Grrr.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Food sensitivity vent

• That stinks. We are also dairy free and I have an insensitive MIL. She invited us over for dinner once telling us we would be eating x,y,& z that were all dairy free. So after a long day of work I show up at her house to find out that she changed the menu to a, b, & c and there was not a single thing I could eat. And, it's not like she forgot because we were going to an appointment with the allergist the same evening.

When I see pizza I try and remind myself that I am giving my arteries a nice break from all of the cheese I used to eat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I know that I am eating better than I used to....but man, that pizza looked good....and the cheesebread too! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for her insensitivity. 

I love sweets.  My MIL insists we come over for dinner every week.  She'd made a dessert and sit there and tell me all of the amazing ingredients, knowing that I couldn't eat it.  After more than a year, I can finally eat again and her words were that she's glad I can eat again so that she doesn't have to feel bad about eating in front of me.  They acted as if my diet change to nurse my son was such an inconvenience to THEM.  Ugh!

The time flew by ... you'll be having pizza again before you know it!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to do the same with my DD and it sucked! and my MIL just didn't get it at all- like she didn't realize cheese was dairy or something- she just thought milk was the problem.  My SIL had to constantly tell keep telling her it was crazy. Did you ever try making yourself a little pizza with veggie cheese?  No it's not the same but it might help to satisfy your craving.  My DD can now have all the stuff that she was sensitive to before; eggs, dairy, peanuts with no problems- so it's worth it if you can stick to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been dairy, soy, beef and bean free for over a month and I'm doing much better than I thought I would be. The hardest thing for me is no ice cream in the middle of summer! I do miss cereal and milk in the morning and milk and cookies for dessert. 

It's worth it no matter what you need to sacrifice. My heart breaks everytime I had my LO screamed in pain for 8+ hours before we figured out everything that was bothering him. 

The other bright side is he's helping me get into better shape than I was before getting pregnant! 

• imageergamos:

I have been dairy, soy, beef and bean free for over a month and I'm doing much better than I thought I would be. The hardest thing for me is no ice cream in the middle of summer! I do miss cereal and milk in the morning and milk and cookies for dessert. 

It's worth it no matter what you need to sacrifice. My heart breaks everytime I had my LO screamed in pain for 8+ hours before we figured out everything that was bothering him. 

The other bright side is he's helping me get into better shape than I was before getting pregnant! 

I really liked rice milk with my cereal and would still get it after DD was weaned because I just liked how it tasted- also they make a rice icecream that's not too bad with a little powdered cocoa mixed in.  Can't help you with the cookie thing but I found a really good recipe for chocolate cake that is dairy free and egg free!  My DD didn't sleep for almost a year cause noone would help me figure out what was wrong with her, like they didn't believe me.  I had one Dr. tell me that it was behavioral and I just needed to let her "cry it out"  I shoulda told her to go to *ell, but I just left the practice and never went back. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"