Babies: 0 - 3 Months

do you burp 1/2 through feedings?

how long are you supposed to do that? forever? Im having a hard and hard time getting burps now, expecially half way through feeding (hes FF) and I feel like I am just pounding and pounding on his back (not hard, but just a lot it seems like)....any suggestions?

Photobucket Our IVF miracle, after 5 years, 5 IUIS & 2 IVFs

Re: do you burp 1/2 through feedings?

• I only stop to burp DD when she seems like she needs it.  Sometimes she gets fussy at the breast, pulls her legs up, squirms, etc.  If she does that, I stop and burp her.  If she doesn't act like she needs it, I don't.

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• I don't all the time either. If my LO isn't squirmy or fussy, I don't stop....especially if she's fartin up a storm!
  • Loading the player...
  •  only stop to burp DD when she seems like she needs it.  Sometimes she gets fussy at the breast, pulls her legs up, squirms, etc.  If she does that, I stop and burp her.  If she doesn't act like she needs it, I don't.

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrs.vanderwall:
    I only stop to burp DD when she seems like she needs it.  Sometimes she gets fussy at the breast, pulls her legs up, squirms, etc.  If she does that, I stop and burp her.  If she doesn't act like she needs it, I don't.

This. And if he stops and takes himself away from the breast I burp him.  

• I have to burp LO often........ when I breastfeed, she needs to be burped every few mins because I have an oversupply of milk and she gets alot of milk very fast.

When I feed her BM by bottle, I need to burp her every ounce.....or she spits up too much.

Every baby is different, so if he isn;t burping, he prob doesnt need to, so that is good!

• MFalorMFalor member
    Around 3 months I stopped b/c DD would scream when I took the bottle out of her mouth.  And she only burps like, one loud one after she's done.  I guess her little stomach started digesting the milk easier and she just didn't need all that burping anymore.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I burp when I switch breasts and sometimes in the middle if she's acting like she needs it. (She starts to pull off and make an eh sound) When she's getting a bottle I stop her often to burp. She always ends up so much more gassy when she's had a bottle, so I try to prevent that.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"