Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When did you get LO Baptized?

LO was born May 19 and is 6 weeks. Does September seem too far out to get baptized? Should I try and find a free weekend in August or July?

Wondering when your LO did/will get baptized and when is a good age to have it done?

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When did you get LO Baptized?

• My LO was born May 7th and we are doing it Aug 22. I dont think there is any time you have to do it
  • Because we are a military family, we wont be "home" to have LO baptised until Christmas. She'll be 6 months old.

• Loading the player...
  • Our church doesn't do infant baptism which, as far as tradition goes, kinda stinks.  They do a family dedication ceremony though every 6 months, so some of those kids are around 6 monthsold.
  • We did ours when our LO was about 7 weeks old.  We picked the date because it would give some family and friends enough notice to get a good plane ticket price.  I wanted to do it earlier though.  I know of some people who have done it the Sunday after their LO was born.  I think it just depends on what you want.  To me, why wait for something that is this important?  Then again, I wish I would have followed my own advice.  I was counting down the weeks until he was baptized.
  • My LO was born 4/30/10 and we haven't even planned it yet!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My daughter was at 6 weeks.  We had planned for it to happen around Christmas, when she would have been 8 months old, but happened to be flying home sooner, so we did it while we were there.  

I understand that within the first year is the most common time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was born 4/14 and baptized 9/7.  DS was born 5/30 and will be baptized 8/1.  These dates were chosen based on what worked/s best for us and the Godparents.
  • My DD was born on April 19th and we are having her baptized on Aug 1st. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had DD baptized this past weekend and she was born on 4/10.  I wanted to wait until August, but timing-wise it worked out better for us to do it earlier because of other events in August that were getting in the way.  Like PPs have said, I don't think there's a right or wrong time to do it. 

A lot of people from the older generation may make comments about "pagan babies" prior to baptism because that's what they were taught when they were children.  But personally, I think that's a load of bunk so I just ignore comments like that.  Do what's right for you.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• LO was born 5/29 and we had her baptized on 6/20 at 3 weeks 1 day. We picked that day because both the Godparents were home from out of state and we don't know when we'll see them both at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"