Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When did you get LO Baptized?

LO was born May 19 and is 6 weeks. Does September seem too far out to get baptized? Should I try and find a free weekend in August or July?

Wondering when your LO did/will get baptized and when is a good age to have it done?

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When did you get LO Baptized?

• Options
    My LO was born May 7th and we are doing it Aug 22. I dont think there is any time you have to do it
  • Options
    Because we are a military family, we wont be "home" to have LO baptised until Christmas. She'll be 6 months old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our church doesn't do infant baptism which, as far as tradition goes, kinda stinks.  They do a family dedication ceremony though every 6 months, so some of those kids are around 6 monthsold.
  • Options
    We did ours when our LO was about 7 weeks old.  We picked the date because it would give some family and friends enough notice to get a good plane ticket price.  I wanted to do it earlier though.  I know of some people who have done it the Sunday after their LO was born.  I think it just depends on what you want.  To me, why wait for something that is this important?  Then again, I wish I would have followed my own advice.  I was counting down the weeks until he was baptized.
  • Options
    My LO was born 4/30/10 and we haven't even planned it yet!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

My daughter was at 6 weeks.  We had planned for it to happen around Christmas, when she would have been 8 months old, but happened to be flying home sooner, so we did it while we were there.  

I understand that within the first year is the most common time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD was born 4/14 and baptized 9/7.  DS was born 5/30 and will be baptized 8/1.  These dates were chosen based on what worked/s best for us and the Godparents.
  • Options
    My DD was born on April 19th and we are having her baptized on Aug 1st. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had DD baptized this past weekend and she was born on 4/10.  I wanted to wait until August, but timing-wise it worked out better for us to do it earlier because of other events in August that were getting in the way.  Like PPs have said, I don't think there's a right or wrong time to do it. 

A lot of people from the older generation may make comments about "pagan babies" prior to baptism because that's what they were taught when they were children.  But personally, I think that's a load of bunk so I just ignore comments like that.  Do what's right for you.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    LO was born 5/29 and we had her baptized on 6/20 at 3 weeks 1 day. We picked that day because both the Godparents were home from out of state and we don't know when we'll see them both at the same time.
  • Options
    sept 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"