3rd Trimester

Mama's who have dropped (enter here)....

Hi Ladies, I am a soon-to-be second time mom, but this is something I never experienced and I need some help...

For the ladies who have 'dropped' already, what does/did it feel like? My DS never dropped (which is partially why I had to have a c-section) so I dont have a clue what to look for. All I know is Im feeling lots and lots more pressure than before. Going more than before(I didnt think that was possible), and Im thinking LO has dropped some??

TIA for your responses.

Re: Mama's who have dropped (enter here)....

• Honestly this might not help a ton, but I have no idea what it felt like. I just looked in the mirror Saturday and thought my bump looked different. My mother and boss agreed. It was easier for me to breath, so those two factors taken together makes me assume that I dropped.

• Well, it comes and goes (and my ob confirmed that it will) but at first I had to go constantly and it was like a bowling ball was perching on my pelvis wearing a sandpaper helmet and just trying to tear my pelvis open from the inside. So that was awesome but it tapered off. Now sometimes DS is so low I actually CAN'T go to the bathroom- he's blocking off the exit with his head! He'll also stretch out and you can sense how much room is up top. I could also easily get a hand between the bottom of my bra and the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been told that I've "dropped" but I didn't notice when it happened. I have noticed, however, that I can breathe a little easier and like you, I have more pressure down there.
  • I didn't 'feel' it happen - I can just tell my whole bump is lower now, and I'm not snoring when I sleep, so I assume baby has dropped:)
  • As was mentioned, it becomes easier to breath. But you'll also notice that the pressure on your hipbones and pelvis becomes notably more. You also may feel quite a bit more lower back pain. I also noted that I went from peeing like a regular person to needing to pee every time I rolled over or stood up.

But most notable is the pressure or weight difference on your hipbones.

• I really don't know. I thought the baby was still really high because I just started feeling rib kicks last week for the first time, and then at my appt on monday the doc said baby is locked and loaded and at 0 station.
  • My LO is very low. It hurts to walk and I cant put pants on myselfEmbarrassed. I have so much pressure I just cant wait till he wants to come out!
  • Thanks Ladies, someone told me my belly looks a little different but it pretty much looks the same to me (Big) and Im not breathing any easier so maybe she's just gotten bigger/longer recently. LOL
  • I thought that maybe the shape of my bump was different and my crotch felt a little "heavier".  But other than that I wouldn't have known.  The only reason I know for sure is because of my internal on Monday. My Dr. said baby's head was really low. 
  • CamFamCamFam member
    imageInLovewSB:

As was mentioned, it becomes easier to breath. But you'll also notice that the pressure on your hipbones and pelvis becomes notably more. You also may feel quite a bit more lower back pain. I also noted that I went from peeing like a regular person to needing to pee every time I rolled over or stood up.

Also, when LO moves and stretches, he pushes hard on my cervix and I get an intense cramping/pressure feeling. My constant heartburn has decreased and I have a flat space between my breasts and about a hand width above my uterus. Before, my uterus came almost up to my breasts and they could rest on my bump.

My hips feel like they could dislocate or twist off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageCamFam:
    imageInLovewSB:

As was mentioned, it becomes easier to breath. But you'll also notice that the pressure on your hipbones and pelvis becomes notably more. You also may feel quite a bit more lower back pain. I also noted that I went from peeing like a regular person to needing to pee every time I rolled over or stood up.

Also, when LO moves and stretches, he pushes hard on my cervix and I get an intense cramping/pressure feeling. My constant heartburn has decreased and I have a flat space between my breasts and about a hand width above my uterus. Before, my uterus came almost up to my breasts and they could rest on my bump.

My hips feel like they could dislocate or twist off.

This I can definitely relate to!!! I can barely walk, and I have a toddler to keep up with!!!

• imagegrace416:
    I really don't know. I thought the baby was still really high because I just started feeling rib kicks last week for the first time, and then at my appt on monday the doc said baby is locked and loaded and at 0 station.

Ooh I love the bow!

And I have no clue either.  I still feel kicks really high up but according to the doctor her head is low and ready to be delivered. I can't tell if I've dropped or not, but I have had NO heartburn so I guess she's dropped.

• My baby hasn't dropped yet and I didn't experience that with my last pregnancy either, BUT... I felt MAJOR pressure right around 32/33 weeks with this pregnancy. It has continued ever since. My doc said she thinks that with 2nd pregnancies, your muscles are just more stretched out and don't hold the baby up as high as they did with the first. She said as long as I wasn't feeling pressure in my butt, it was normal.  

• Pressure and more frequent potty breaks (along with the urgency in which they need to happen) were definitely symptoms of my LO dropping. Other people also said they could tell by how I was carrying, but I didn't notice a difference in the mirror. I also didn't get the gift of easier breathing or reduced heartburn that supposedly comes with a dropped LO! Man, I got jipped! LOL
  • giaM28giaM28 member
    my boobs dont sit on my belly any more and not only does it feel like i have to poop all the time, he feels like hes going to fall out of me because of the pressure
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"