Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gassy Baby...

LO has been fussy and not been able to sleep well for the past 2 days. I'm pretty sure its gas, but I don't know what to do to help him :( We burp him after he is done eating (he's strictly BF) and try to soothe him to sleep but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Re: Gassy Baby...

• mopsiemopsie member
    Have you tried Mylicon or other gas drops?  With DD, I bicycle her legs or lay her across my lap on her tummy and rub her back (caution: this resulted in tons of spitup on my pants).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Call your pedi and ask if you can use mylicon or gripe water.  Try burping baby frequently during feedings.  Let baby sit up about 35 - 45 degrees for 1/2 an hr after each feeding.  We had our LO crying last night from 11p - 2am/3ish and called the pedi today.  this is what the RN told us to do. GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemopsie:
    Have you tried Mylicon or other gas drops?  With DD, I bicycle her legs or lay her across my lap on her tummy and rub her back (caution: this resulted in tons of spitup on my pants).  

No I haven't tried that yet. And I hear ya on the spit up :) I go thru as many outfits as he does during the day. 

• mopsiemopsie member
    I just saw a you tube video for something called the "I love you" massage for babies.  It helps push gas bubbles through the intestines and gets it out faster.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"