2nd Trimester

All I want is some underwear that fits

OK, I have determined that maternity underwear is not for me. If it fits around my belly, it sags in the butt area. I'm also not a huge fan of undies that are super tight below my bump. Tell me what brand(s) you have and why you love it! I hate the ones from Motherhood Maternity but am willing to try other true maternity brands OR non maternity in larger (plus?) sizes.

Re: All I want is some underwear that fits

• Which style do you have from Motherhood?

I have the brief which are fabulous. The boy shorts sag in the butt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure on the brand - maybe Warner's or Vanity Fair (got them at the outlets) but I have a few pairs of non-maternity bikinis that have a v in the front.  Very comfortable.  I also have a few pairs of Medela bikinis from last pregnancy and they are okay. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like Hanes boy shorts.  They fit below the bump, but not not tight and the let holes aren't too tight.

Now granted I am up about a size from my usual underwear size, but they are really comfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not too sure what the point of maternity underwear would be...so far all my regular underwear fits fine. Maybe check out those 'invisible' line ones, they're very thin and are usually fairly low rise so I would think they'd fit nicely under a belly, they're also stretchy. https://www.lasenza.com/eng/products/panties/brazilians/no-show-brazilian?325001-003
  • I bought the MM brief that has the optional fold-over band, so you can wear them like giant granny panties or underbelly panties. Apparently they don't fit my fabulous booty!
  • I just go for the Hanes brand boy briefs style... but dont read what the sizes mean (ex. M, L, XL) Stick out tongue They have a style that is the comfort waistband if you like...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesfbetht:
    I bought the MM brief that has the optional fold-over band, so you can wear them like giant granny panties or underbelly panties. Apparently they don't fit my fabulous booty!
    I lied...I have the bikinis.

They ftr just like regular panties except they are stretchier. They're not the same material at the fold-over ones and the hipsters.

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=92448910130&MasterCategory_Id=MC14

I'm wearing the striped ones right now. I know you were dying to know that.

• imageMissNikki007:

imagesfbetht:
    I bought the MM brief that has the optional fold-over band, so you can wear them like giant granny panties or underbelly panties. Apparently they don't fit my fabulous booty!

They ftr just like regular panties except they are stretchier. They're not the same material at the fold-over ones and the hipsters.

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=92448910130&MasterCategory_Id=MC14

I'm a big fan of these. The bikinis are super comfy. I haven't tried any of the other styles,  but these seem to work great for me.

• imageCourtneyR2N:

I really like Hanes boy shorts.  They fit below the bump, but not not tight and the let holes aren't too tight.

Now granted I am up about a size from my usual underwear size, but they are really comfortable.

This.

Hanes is the only brand I can find that's comfortable anymore.  Plus they are pretty cheap!

• I'm LOVING Victoria's Secret Pink undies line. They are soft and comfy and fit below my bump. I just went up a size from my usual and they've been wonderful. I'll probably end up growing out of those too, but they work for now. Better than the other lacy crap that was cutting off my circulation Big Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• I swear by the VS lacie thong.
  • imageabovewedding:
    I'm not too sure what the point of maternity underwear would be...so far all my regular underwear fits fine. Maybe check out those 'invisible' line ones, they're very thin and are usually fairly low rise so I would think they'd fit nicely under a belly, they're also stretchy. https://www.lasenza.com/eng/products/panties/brazilians/no-show-brazilian?325001-003

The main point is that some of them are more generously cut (though not necessarily more generous than large sizes of regular undies). And from what I can tell, they're a bit more forgiving in terms of not having restrictive or tight waistbands or leg holes. I hate tight underwear so I gave them a try but now maybe I need to try the bikinis instead of the giant briefs...

• I got one pack of the Motherhood fold-overs and one pack of the hipsters. Hated the butt of the foldovers, but I love the hipsters, they seem to fit my butt waaay better and they are so soft!
  • imagemegmeg1:

I'm LOVING Victoria's Secret Pink undies line. They are soft and comfy and fit below my bump. I just went up a size from my usual and they've been wonderful. I'll probably end up growing out of those too, but they work for now. Better than the other lacy crap that was cutting off my circulation Big Smile

This is what I've done too! I changed from the bikini style I usually wear and now wear the hiphugger, which sits below my bump and is super comfortable, stretchy (a must!) and cute! 

• image**Octoberbride09**:
    I swear by the VS lacie thong.

This!

They're the best ever, pregnant or not and you don't have panty lines. 

• I found these undies (I think they're haynes...?) at Target that are full coverage and have a wide lace waistband. Because the waistband is wide, it doesn't dig in to you, and because it is lace, it stretches just the right amount. Plus, no underwear lines! :-)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was sick of my regular underwear rolling down all the time. I am now wearing Fruit of the Loom briefs in a larger size and it works great.
    Brandi dd - Emma Rose - 6.24.06 dd - Alexis Grace - 09.03.10 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used to wear Hanes hipsters and American Eagle boy shorts.  I can still wear the AE ones but the Hanes ones are totally cutting into my legs and waist. 

Yesterday I got the bikinis and fold-over waist panties from Motherhood. They're a little loose right now but I figure my ass will grow into them and there really isn't anything I can do about it!

• imageMissNikki007:

imagesfbetht:

This also!  Had to laugh because I am wearing the striped ones as well.  Embarrassed 

• I've had a problem with any bikini cut panties rolling down on belly, and any non-bikini cuts to be too tight on my belly.  My favorite favorite favorite panties are the Hanes Body Creations made from microfiber.  I get the granny style (any non-bikini cut should work) so they don't roll down my tummy.  They don't show panty lines, stretch with your body, are never too tight and never ever wedgie.  I can't rave enough about them!  They're around $8.50 for a 3 pack at Wal-Mart.
  • MSC03MSC03 member

You need to get these:

https://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Women-Hanes/Women_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Women_Panties-Hanes/Women_Panties_Bikini-Hanes/HCIQ2.aspx

They sell them at Target. They look SUPER TINY when you pull them out of the package (and the dryer) but they stretch like you wouldn't believe. There's no elastic, they're lightweight, they're pretty much perfect.

They're like a moderately attractive version of the mesh underwear they give you in the hospital, if that's any point of reference.

imageimage
  • I've tried a couple of different brands and styles.  The ones I like the most are from Wal-Mart: Hanes Low Rise Bikini.  I got them one size larger and would probably like them in my normal size more.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageimage
  • I bought two packs of Fruit of the Looms -- can't remember if they're called boy-cut or hipster.  I despise tight elastic so I went up a size from what it said on the size chart and they're PERFECT (even if they looked huge when I took them out of the package).  They're low-cut, so there's no belly fit issue (they sit underneath).  Plus, they're cheap! I highly recommend 'em.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was having similar underwear issues and just found some today at Motherhood Maternity.  They are a one-size-fits-all seamless bikini... so, they are small but super stretchy and stretch where you need them to be!  HTH!! 
  • hanky panky low rise thong

BEST underwear ever- and one size fits all! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"