3rd Trimester

For your enjoyment...inappropriate comment theater!

This was actually my response to another post, but after a minute I thought it might give some of you a laugh. Sort of a "kids say the darndest things" type deal:)

I spent all year teaching 6th grade. 12 year olds are the masters of inappropriate questions, offensive comments, and unwanted belly touching. Thankfully I've always been very thick skinned and it doesn't bother me. It also makes me impervious to the comments of others. Here are some of my favorite student comments to give you laugh!

#1- Girl comes up to me at about 25 weeks. "You're getting chubbier, especially in the face! My sister is more pregnant than you though...you are going to get SO fat by the time you're done!"

#2- Girl touches my belly. I ask her to stop and she replies "Sorry, it's just the biggest belly I've ever seen and I wanted to know what it felt like!"

#3- At about 35 weeks a boy sees my belly move. "Holy crap! Did the baby just kick? I saw it! That's disgusting."

#4- At about 30 weeks a girl brings me a diagram of a pregnant woman's uterus and internal organs that she had to color in human growth and development class. She says "I don't want to gross you out, but we (read: other students) were talking about it, and do you know this is what you look like on the inside!? Your baby probably looks like an alien right now."

#5- Boy: Your not having your baby until summer break, right?
Me: Yeah, why?
Boy: I just don't want you to have a sub.
Me: Welll that's nice of you.
Boy: And I don't want your water to break in class. I saw it in a movie once. I think that might make me barf.

Re: For your enjoyment...inappropriate comment theater!

• hahaha.. kids have no filter at all. the first one is my favorite!
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • This made me LOL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Lol, precious angels!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's great. Thanks for sharing!
  • Awesome! I'm a teacher too. Love it!
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • You know, I would have passed out detention slips to each one of them! They very well DO know better than to say that stuff... I'm sure they're just trying to look cool in front of their friends by showing off how far they can take the conversation with you.

• So funny. The sad part is I teach 11th and 12th graders and I've received some similar comments Indifferent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LOL Nah, it was all honestly pretty innocent. None of those comments were made in a public sort of way to get attention. You're right...they SHOULD know better..but many of them just don't! Or at least they don't think about it before they open their mouths. A few times comments were followed up by backpeddaling like "OH, I didn't mean it like that sounded...you know what I mean, right?" and that would always just make me laugh.
  • love this!

i teach high school and would you believe that i had students ask me if they could touch my belly? umm no!

• LOL! Thanks for sharing.

My favorite comment to me came from a 5 year old boy, While grabbing his crotch he informed me that his mommy had a special place right there to get her babies and out asked me if I had a place like that so that my baby could get out!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First of all, TOTAL KUDOS to you for teaching 6th grade. I taught HS and subbed K-12 and middle school is rough! LOL You definitely have to have an insane amount of patience with 6th graders. They really are still little kids in so many ways.

I agree--all of those comments sound pretty innocent. Definitely nothing detention worthy for sure. It may be the first time many of those kids have ever seen a pregnant person on a daily basis. I know, when I was in HS, pregnant teachers were still quite a curiosity.

Ella is finally here!
    Elizabeth Anne Born 08/18/10; 7lb. 4.5 oz; 20" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"