3rd Trimester

PSA: bio oil

In the past few weeks I've gotten tons of stretch marks on my lower belly and up to my belly button. I've using bio oil twice a day and I honestly can tell a difference. Obviously nothing is going to make them go away but in the 2 weeks I've been using it, the stretch marks have lightened considerably. I even had some wider ones that were kind of swollen or puffy and they have flattened out. Anywho just wanted to let you girls know that I found something that I'm actually seeing results from.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PSA: bio oil

• THANKS! i just bought some two days ago and started to use it last night!
  • I also had good luck with bio-oil. I did nothing with my first and got a lot of stripes. This time I started using bio-oil before new ones would even consider forming :P so I also used it on my very very dry eczema arms. It took care of the roughness within a week. So its actually doing something. It also does have properties that can reduce the appearance of scars and actually penetrate the skin enough to properly moisturize etc. to perhaps reduce some marks and fade others more quickly. You'll still get marks if you were going to but maybe you'll get fewer ones or reduce their appearance. I stopped using it due to price (not that bad, just more than other options) but I think I'll pick more up b/c even aveeno doesn't seem to be helping my itchy belly at this point!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been using Bio Oil since I was about 5 months preggers. I'm now just about 36 weeks and I don't have any stretch marks yet!! Here's hoping. I'm glad to know that it works to lighten them too though. :D
  • how much am i supposed to use btw? i was a little confused when i used it last night lol...it just kinda drips out a bit, and i'm afraid i used like way too much.
  • This is reassuring...I bought some a few weeks ago and started using it, but I was wondering if it was even working bc I feel like the thicker the lotion the better...guess not! If anyone is concerned about price...the walgreen's brand has the identical formula and you get more for your money :)
  • imageheatouel85:
    how much am i supposed to use btw? i was a little confused when i used it last night lol...it just kinda drips out a bit, and i'm afraid i used like way too much.

I probably use 10 drops but I have a big ol belly. I rub it in really good til it seems like my skin has absorbed most of it.

• imagemorganore:
    This is reassuring...I bought some a few weeks ago and started using it, but I was wondering if it was even working bc I feel like the thicker the lotion the better...guess not! If anyone is concerned about price...the walgreen's brand has the identical formula and you get more for your money :)

Good to know. I'll have to try that when I use all of this bottle.

• I have it and havent really noticed much changed but... I havent been using it as consistently as I should. I hate that its greasy but I have had a few friends use it and had great results. I just need to start getting better at putting it on!! LOL
  • I have been using it generously 2-3x/day since I was 6 weeks pregnant and my skin looks perfect so far and I have gotten pretty big. I'm hoping it helps. I also wear a maternity support belt to take some pressure off the tummy, drink tons of water and do plank poses to keep the muscles strong for support. 

My mom had terrible stretch marks but did absolutely nothing and gained 70lbs with all 4 pregnancies. Based on her advice, I am doing all these things that she says she wished she had tried. 

• I got an itchy, bumpy rash from it... Sucked because until then I liked how it made my skin feel... It absorbs well.
  • I only use about a quarter-sized drop from the bottle...give or take. Enough to cover my bump. It's spreads pretty easily though. I guess it just depends on how big your belly is.
  • I've been using the CVS version of this for the past few days. I can't say yet whether or not it works to get rid of stretch marks but my skin has been much less dry and itchy than with the Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I've been using a ton of it every morning and night because I have to do my belly, boobs, and back where I've gotten stretch marks. I'm pretty generous with it so my bottle probably won't last long but it smells good and I don't itch so I'm pretty happy with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"