Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Grocery store..bad mommy?

I felt like an awful mom with all the looks...I took LO to grocery store and he is only one month (tomorrow).... It is so hot here (NJ) and I rather not take him out in this humidity. WDYT?

Re: Grocery store..bad mommy?

• My guess is that you imagined most of the looks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel the same way, but then I think: we need food, or whatever the errand I had to take LO on me is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do you feel bad?  I'm confused.

• imageSoldiersGreenBean:
    My guess is that you imagined most of the looks.

This

• Don't feel bad at all!  I took DS2 to BRU on the way home from the hospital (NEEDED bigger nursing bras b/c engorgement had me popping out of even my oversized ones).  He was at Whole Foods at 1 week old and each week thereafter (including today).  

In the old days, you would be out milking your cow or gathering chicken eggs for breakfast with your newborn, we now have modern conveniences, but we still have to eat!

BTW, I wear DS in the Moby when we grocery shop and I get a lot of comments about how comfy the baby looks and how adorable he is.  Maybe you are misinterpreting the looks and people are just trying to get a glimpse of your LO.  =) 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageMeanMommyLady:

Why do you feel bad?  I'm confused.

Dr asked he not be in mall, stores etc for at least 2 months... 2 months...jeez. isn't this standard  

• imageBride2b2004:

Don't feel bad at all!  I took DS2 to BRU on the way home from the hospital (NEEDED bigger nursing bras b/c engorgement had me popping out of even my oversized ones).  He was at Whole Foods at 1 week old and each week thereafter (including today).  In the old days, you would be out milking your cow or gathering chicken eggs for breakfast with your newborn, we now have modern conveniences, but we still have to eat!

BTW, I wear DS in the Moby when we grocery shop and I get a lot of comments about how comfy the baby looks and how adorable he is.  Maybe you are misinterpreting the looks and people are just trying to get a glimpse of your LO.  =) 

this is true...prob my own guilt imaging the "looks" :) 

• imagerosalyian:
     Dr asked he not be in mall, stores etc for at least 2 months... 2 months...jeez. isn't this standard  

Actually, it isn't. I guess doctors differ.  Mine never gave me any.  Nor did the pedi for DS1.   

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • It was probably more "oh look at the cute baby" looks then what a horrible mom for taking her kid out looks. Moms take babies out, that's what we do. Just be sure he is not in the sun and your fine. 
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I'm thinking you didn't get as many looks as you are thinking. You can't seclude yoruself to the indoors because it's 'humid' outside. I doubt you're hanging out outside for hours on end with LO. People have to go to the grocery store and run errands.

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • imageSoldiersGreenBean:
    My guess is that you imagined most of the looks.

lol, this ^

it's 110 here and i'm not staying home all summer

• imagerosalyian:
    imageMeanMommyLady:

Standard?  In 1955, maybe.

Neither my doctor or my ped gave us any restrictions on when or where we could take DS.  He went with us for our anniversary lunch when he was 6 days old (and less than 48 hours after we left the hospital), DS went yard saleing with us when he was 9 days old, we took him to church for the first time when he was 10 days old (and every week after that), AND I took him on a three hour AIRPLANE ride when he was 7 weeks old. 

I think you were probably imagining the looks and feeling insecure because of the antiquated advice your doctor gave you.  If people were looking at you it was probably in an effort to get a look at your little one, I would be VERY surprised if even one of those people were attempting to pass judgment.

• As soon as my c/s incision allows me I will be going to the grocery store- probably next week some time. I will have other errands I will have to run as well.
  • The only thing our ped told us was to not take her to Costco on a Saturday afternoon (the one by us is an absolute zoo on the weekends) because of the # of people.  But my little bean has gone there on a weekday with me and to Babies R Us at an off time, too.  You gotta do what you gotta do. 
  • imagerosalyian:

My doctor said this as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I cant imagine people would give you looks! We've brought DD out since shes been 3 days, and no looks here!

• imagerosalyian:
    imageMeanMommyLady:

my doctor told me three weeks...and even then I was going stir crazy.

• I took DS to the store when he was a week old.  I live in OK and it is topping 100 here, I really do not have any choice, DH works out of state and was gone.  I did have people look at me funny when they would ask me how old he was but we needed stuff and I had no one else to get it for me.  Its not cold or flu season and if you have the AC on in the car I dont see why LO can't be out and about.  IMO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"