3rd Trimester

Hiccups...a lot?

Anyone experience baby hiccups 2..3...4 times a day? Is that normal? Poor little guy!

Re: Hiccups...a lot?

• yup! 3-4 times a day with DD and again with DS!
  • My LO has them a few times a day. I asked my doc about it and she said it's normal and doesnt' bother them, and it is actually a breathing exercise. She's strengthening her diaphraghm, too. Great, she will be a screamer :)
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok good, I'm not alone. I was starting to think my baby girl was a big lush or something. lol
  • imageMaryEllen:
    My LO has them a few times a day. I asked my doc about it and she said it's normal and doesnt' bother them, and it is actually a breathing exercise. She's strengthening her diaphraghm, too. Great, she will be a screamer :)

This was my thought. My LO has them a million times a day, and it's quite uncomfortable b/c she's so low.

• Last week I counted her having hiccups 9 times in one day. Poor thing must me miserable, no one enjoys hiccups. However seems like she'll have great lungs!
  • mopsiemopsie member
    DD got hiccups all the time... and it's continued after she was born!  I feel so bad for her because they sound painful, but she doesn't seem to mind them at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has hiccups quite frequently. I have a younger sister who had hiccups a lot when my mom was pregnant with her and she had them A LOT as a baby. To this day, if you make my sister laugh for any period of time she gets the hiccups. I seem to get them pretty easily too, I'm wondering if it's not something genetic?
  • When I was pregnant with my DD she would get them 4-5 times a day and they would last 20-30 minutes each time! It was crazy.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes!  My little guy gets them at least 3-4 times a day!
  • imagezomgpmngl:
    My LO has hiccups quite frequently. I have a younger sister who had hiccups a lot when my mom was pregnant with her and she had them A LOT as a baby. To this day, if you make my sister laugh for any period of time she gets the hiccups. I seem to get them pretty easily too, I'm wondering if it's not something genetic?

How funny, my DD got the hiccups a lot in the womb.  She is now a little over two years old and if she laughs for any length of time, she'll get the hiccups.  Weird.  I'm glad she isn't the only one.  Her pedi said she should grow out of it.  We'll see. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. Doc says it's normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely!!  Little one started with hiccups 5-6 times a day!!  She's now down to about once a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya! Baby hiccups a lot, I was told his/her lungs are getting ready to breathe. It's somewhat annoying since the tapping is right on my cervix and bladder but I think it's a good thing overall.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"