3rd Trimester

I'm SO afraid of:

what is your biggest fear/worry when it comes to labor or your soon-to-be outside baby?

mine? that my water will break anywhere but at the hospital! when i was induced for DD, i was at 3cm when my OB broke my water and was fully dilated and ready to push 15 minutes later! everyone tells me about how subsequent labors often go faster so i'm paranoid that my water will break and i won't make it to the hospital! i should also mention i live ONE MILE from the hospital lol.

Re: I'm SO afraid of:

• Definitely an episiotomy or having trouble breastfeeding. That's pretty much it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will not get everything ready in time... We move to our hometown in 3 days... Which leaves me a little over a month to decorate a nursery, unpack and clean all baby gear, and whatever else my crazy nesting mind wants to do! lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Going from one to two makes me a little nervous sometimes.
  • Having trouble breastfeeding. Not knowing what to do when we get him home.

Topher's 1 Year Old Chocolate Coma

• -I'll have contractions for days before I go into active labor 

-that my body won't progress and I'll need a c-section

-I'll get a huge tear

and since I've never changed a boy before - that I'll get peed on every time I do it.  

Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • im afraid of being overwhelmed going from 1 to 2. and my DS will be nearly 7 when little DS#2 arrives and im afraid i wont remember how to care for a little one. i dont want to be a sucky mom =/

• imageheatouel85:

what is your biggest fear/worry when it comes to labor or your soon-to-be outside baby?

mine? that my water will break anywhere but at the hospital! when i was induced for DD, i was at 3cm when my OB broke my water and was fully dilated and ready to push 15 minutes later! everyone tells me about how subsequent labors often go faster so i'm paranoid that my water will break and i won't make it to the hospital! i should also mention i live ONE MILE from the hospital lol.

Pretty much my fear too. Except my first 2 didn't go as fast as yours. But with baby #3 who knows how fast it may go. And I too only live about a mile from the hospital, LOL. 

Also, my water has never broken on it's own and I'm scared it might this time, and worse, somewhere other than at home. Silly to fear it I know, but it's just not something I've experienced yet. Stick out tongue

• AML84AML84 member
    I'm afraid that I'll have a c-section and afraid that I won't know what to do once we get home. I'm also afraid of not having any sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tearing. way scared of having from my urethra to my anus be one big hole.
  • I'm ok with everything up until the actual pushing the baby out!  Scares me to death!  I mean really...how does a baby come out of a space that small?  Women have obviously done it billions of times, but I just can't wrap my head around it.
  • I'm afraid my LO will stay breech and I will have to have a c-section. I'm also afraid of PPD and BFing!
  • -pushing out a big baby. DS was pretty easy, but he only weighed 2lb13oz!

-not getting to the hospital on time

-failing at BFing. i had to EP for DS since he was so early, and when he was finally able to nipple-feed he wouldn't nurse. i can't do that this time - not with a toddler AND a newborn to care for - so i really really want BFing to work out! 

• I'm chock full of worries and fears so I'll just try to name a couple:

- the pain of childbirth

- that i'll have contractions for days before i actually go into labor. i talk to clients every day at my work and am in lots of meetings and conference calls so i'm afraid that i will get a contraction while i'm in a meeting or whatever...i think that will be awkward and probably a little embarrassing.

- that if i have an epidural they will miss and puncture my spine or something!!!

'All I want for you my son, is to be satisfied' imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • - Tearing

- Being in severe pain and having a painful recovery

- Not being able to breastfeed 

- Not knowing what the heck to do once we get home

- Suffering from PPD and feeling helpless!   

• -The pain of childbirth

-nothing knowing what to expect and it being a lot harder/tougher then I could even imagine

-tearing

-needing a c-section 

-needing pitocin which could lead to an epidural which leads to a c-section

-breastfeeding issues

-not knowing what to do with her when she gets home

I think that's enough for now! :) 

• It used to be my water breaking at work.. but working in EMS and being around all of these goofs for so long I know they'll laugh and poke fun for awhile but they'd do anything for me if I asked w/o the slightest hesitation.

My biggest fear is adjusting to our new schedule. My husband works 24hrs then off for 48hrs and I work 12hr shifts Wed/Thurs and then Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun. It's going to get interesting.

• imageMegG2002:
    I'm ok with everything up until the actual pushing the baby out!  Scares me to death!  I mean really...how does a baby come out of a space that small?  Women have obviously done it billions of times, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Yes!! Me too. Although, tearing and an episiotomy are a close second. Then there's always the fear that I'll be totally clueless and/or useless once she is home.

OMG, is this really happening?!!!

• Having PPD

Tearing and having a long recovery

I'm so glad I have had minimal worrying the whole pregnancy because if I had worried a lot I know I would be a complete basket case. 

• I'm terrified of having the same c/s experience I had last time. With my son, the spinal didn't work. It only numbed my skin, so when they got through the skin, I felt everything else. I can't explain the level of pain but I can assure you, it's unimaginable. The best comparison would be someone lighting a blow torch inside you. I literally thought I was dying. I was put out when my son was pulled out but I had to suffer through it until then.

They have no idea what happened so they can't promise this time will be any different. 

• I'm terrified of PPD. I already have a severe panic disorder and have chronic depression. I've felt great the whole pregnancy, good enough to actually go to a very low dose of my medication, but i'm still very scared of PPD.
  • Having another child that doesnt STTN until 16 months. The rest is a cake walk, IMO, lol.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • considering this is my first baby, I'm scared of all things labor involved. LOL. they say you will just know when youre in labor but WILL I really!? its not like I have ever been in labor before so how the heck will i just know. Any pain to me is a pain to worry about. LOL my main thing is I like to know when things are gonna happen... not knowing when this baby is coming is killing me!! =]
  • losing the close bond I have with DD and just not having the energy to be there for her.
  • I worry about my son's reaction to the baby.  I hope he doesn't feel less loved when the baby comes!
  • I'm scared that DH will be somewhere that he can't get to me in time. It's so important that he be here for the birth of his son, I would be heartbroken if my labor was fast and he missed out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • - My hubby works over an hour away, so I worry that I will go into labor he will not be there to keep me sane.

- I'm stressing put over pushy in-laws who will want to be in the hospital room constantly. Get the F*** out of my bubble!!!

- Um...I'm a bit scared that I'm gonna poop on the delivery bed!!!

And about 50983349 other things that first timers worry about!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"