3rd Trimester

Being pregnant in the summer does suck...

So I know a lot of people on here are like "I hate it when people tell me how miserable I'll be being pregnant in the summer and I want to tell them to shut up!" Well, I've decided, they're right!!!  I'm SOOOO glad I'm due in a week because this being pregnant in the heat business sucks!  It's so hot out, I'm sweaty, enormous and don't feel comfortable enough to do any of the fun stuff there is to do around here on a beautiful day!! UGH!!!

Re: Being pregnant in the summer does suck...

• Hmmm, I guess that's bad news for us late summer mommies!
  • It totally is!! I feel bad for anyone due late summer/early fall!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it does make it a little more uncomfortable, but I imagine most women are just as uncomfortable when they get to the end of their pregnancies, regardless of the season.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ditto, but I still don't need the "reminders".  Sometimes I want to just say something like "Holy Cow, Really??  My Dr. said I should wear lots of layers to combat the chills.  Maybe I should google it".
  • I was due in September and I didn't mind it.  Watermelon, A/C, flip-flops, comfy sundresses and swimming were the best.  I'm just glad it wasn't winter and I didn't have to worry about slipping on ice, stuffing my swollen feet in real shoes or buying a winter coat just to fit my enormousness.
  • imageJhawkCE:
    Ditto, but I still don't need the "reminders".  Sometimes I want to just say something like "Holy Cow, Really??  My Dr. said I should wear lots of layers to combat the chills.  Maybe I should google it".

That would be hysterical!   

• I agree...but I'm sure I'd find something else to b*tch about if it was January.  I'm pretty sure being 39 weeks pregnant sucks all year round.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Yeah, I just stay inside.  I've always hated summer regardless of being pregnant.  So I just don't go out there. Stick out tongue
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • MrsSRMrsSR member

I'm only 33 weeks, but so far I'm loving being pregnant in summer!

I'm a teacher so I'm on break.  What's great about that is after my sleepless nights, I don't have to be up early to get ready for work.

I spend most of my week at the pool and in my air conditioned house.

Granted, I'll be missing some things this year, like the Taste of Chicago, because I know it will be too much for me, but overall, it hasn't been bad.

• It'sw more the summer activities I hate missing out on: beer fest, the water park, summer concerts...sure I could still do all this stuff, but it's not nearly as fun not fully participating
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am due Aug 25th. Texas summer sucks so bad. But, I have to say, I'd rather be pregnant during summer in TX then in GA. I lived in Athens GA for a while and the humidity there is horrible compaired to here. I keep telling myself "it could be worse". I don't know how the older generations did it with out A/C. Can you imagine being in labor when its 105 degrees and no A/C.
  • ames71ames71 member
    It's been humid and in the 90's here for nearly two weeks. I'm not going to lie... it sucks. I feel like I'm getting worn out a little quicker than I would if it were Fall or Spring, and I have way too much left to do. 

• I couldnt agree more! DD was born in November and it was so much more comfortable! If I was going to have more kids, there is no way I would plan for a summer baby. This sucks.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • yup. being pregnant in the summer SUCKS BIG TIME. Im due August 19th and I'm praying LO either comes early or on time. I wont make it. And yes It's still annoying when people tell me how hot Im gonna be.

Gee I didn't know that SUMMER was considered hot all my life! Thanks for informing me !

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageaudreybee24:

imageLizard2022:
    I was due in September and I didn't mind it.  Watermelon, A/C, flip-flops, comfy sundresses and swimming were the best.  I'm just glad it wasn't winter and I didn't have to worry about slipping on ice, stuffing my swollen feet in real shoes or buying a winter coat just to fit my enormousness.

This is exactly how I feel. At least I don't have to try to tie shoes every time I go out.

I am really loving the pool and wearing tanks with shorts and flip flops!  I had my DS the end of January and bundling up in a coat was annoying.  I am enjoying this pregnancy just as much thanks to the a/c, the pool and having my DH home since he is a teacher.

• JJ1973JJ1973 member
    imageaudreybee24:

imageLizard2022:
    I was due in September and I didn't mind it.  Watermelon, A/C, flip-flops, comfy sundresses and swimming were the best.  I'm just glad it wasn't winter and I didn't have to worry about slipping on ice, stuffing my swollen feet in real shoes or buying a winter coat just to fit my enormousness.

This is exactly how I feel. At least I don't have to try to tie shoes every time I go out.

Absolutely agree. The heat is annoying, but at least it is sundress and sandal weather...no ice/snow/shoveling/winter coats. Trying to find the bright side:)

• imageLizard2022:

This!  Plus it is the only time I will feel comfortable in a swimsuit!

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I agree! DS # 1 was born in June...so it wasn't too bad, but this mid to end of july business just isn't cutting it for me.  I can handle outside for short periods...but going to the zoo, walks etc....it is miserable...but I do it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i concur. i'm not a summer person to begin with but this year has been hot and my a/c decided to break and now needs to be completely replaced. it's so much easier to bundle up to get warm than it is to cool down. and when you're pregnant, there is no cooling down your core. 
    Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
  • I've done both. DD was born in March and now we've schedule a section on August 20th. 

I really didn't mind the winter months at all.  The summer sucks b/c I feel bad for DD more than me...she LOOOOOVES to be outside ALLL the time and we've had some pretty nasty hot and humid days and I just couldn't be out there.  I've also had to pass up on some annual fun summer trips too - which sucks.  I know it will all be worth it but...........I would take a winter baby anyday!

• I don't mind it! I didn't have to buy any real maternity clothes. Just rocking sundresses and leggings. If it were the winter I'd have had to worry about coats,jackets,layers and shoes. No THanks!
  • I agree.  I used to tell people "I love summer and the heat, I'll be fine!"  Yeah right.  Its only June, I still have 11 weeks left and I am miserable when I'm not in the a/c!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • i like being able to wear skirts, tanks and dresses but it has been a ridiculously hot june here in NJ and i love being outside reading by the pool, but i can only bear it for like a half hour in this heat before it is just too much for me!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am envious that you are due in a week!  It has gotten a lot hotter here this last week and I still have a little more than a month to go. Not sure if my Husband will survive with me attempting to make our house into a walk-in freezer.
  • i thought 1st tri in the summer was much much worse. i am hot and uncomfortable now, true, but the constant nausea and vomiting in the hottest part of the summer with my DS was MUCH worse. i felt so sick, and the heat made it a billion times worse!
  • imagebittersweet mama:
    I am due Aug 25th. Texas summer sucks so bad. But, I have to say, I'd rather be pregnant during summer in TX then in GA. I lived in Athens GA for a while and the humidity there is horrible compaired to here. I keep telling myself "it could be worse". I don't know how the older generations did it with out A/C. Can you imagine being in labor when its 105 degrees and no A/C.

MIL had DH in the middle of July in Atlanta.  They had no a/c at the time either.  I can't imagine that.  June in PA is too hot and humid for my taste, and I'm not almost done yet.  Summer is suck.

• I must be the odd man out here, because I love the summer pregnancy... Granted I am not a fan of winter in the first place besides Christmas:) I love the fact I can throw on 90% of my pre-pregnancy summer dresses and call it a day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, I'm glad I'm not alone! For me it's not only the heat is making me uncomfortable but I hate missing out on all the fun summer activities! I am dying to go to the beach but I A) dont' t fit into anything suitable to wear at the beach and B) would have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes and it wouldn't be worth it!!  There are just so many awesome things to do around here in the summer and I feel like I'm missing out because I'm so miserably big and hot!!  Hoping our little girl decides to make an appearance soon so we can enjoy the beautiful weather with her!!! Good luck ladies and try to stay cool :)
  • I'm a lurker and I have to say I agree with you. You are so lucky, i'm not due until october.

• I'm due in a week too... but see, I disagree.   I have not had any difficulty in the heat.  I think it just depends on the person.  I never swelled, never felt any hotter, etc.

Sorry it was difficult for you.   Hopefully you will feel better once LO is here.  If you have more kids and it bothers you that much, then make sure you don't get pregnant between late September and February next time!!

• imagekellimchris:
    I must be the odd man out here, because I love the summer pregnancy... Granted I am not a fan of winter in the first place besides Christmas:) I love the fact I can throw on 90% of my pre-pregnancy summer dresses and call it a day!

You're not alone!  I feel the same way.  But the weather here (at least in Southern Cali) has been really mild so far and no humidity.  I can't imagine being comfy in 90+ degrees.  And I'm already sweating at night even though it's cooler here.

• Yeah, not only is it crazy hot today, but there was a water main break in our complex. Hot + no water = angry pregnant chick.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • So far its no so bad...DH is complaining more than I am...DD #1 was born in June so this is definitely an experience...hoping for it not to be too hot.
    Brandi dd - Emma Rose - 6.24.06 dd - Alexis Grace - 09.03.10 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am not enjoying it. It is uncharacteristically hot where I live right now, and it's not a typically warm place. So nowhere has AC. Luckily our house is pretty cool, despite not having it. But no clothes are comfortable, and with two weeks to go, I certainly am not buying any cute summery clothes. I am just wearing baggy t-shirts and yoga pants. 

I would kill for a Slurpee. No 7-11s in England, though. Boo. 

• YES, it does.  I was due in early February with my first and I'd take a winter pregnancy over a summer one anyday!
  • imagebittersweet mama:
    I am due Aug 25th. Texas summer sucks so bad. But, I have to say, I'd rather be pregnant during summer in TX then in GA. I lived in Athens GA for a while and the humidity there is horrible compaired to here. I keep telling myself "it could be worse". I don't know how the older generations did it with out A/C. Can you imagine being in labor when its 105 degrees and no A/C.

OMG I agree with you! I live in Outside Richmond,Va now but I went home to Atlanta to have my baby shower and that was the first time during my pregnancy my feet and legs became swollen! I was soo upset because I was so uncomfortable and I was trying to entertain friends who came from out of town and I was soo busy because I was just home for the weekend so I never had real time to relax and prop up my feet. I actually ended up crying!! I hate summer. Im due Aug 31st UGH!!!

• Hello everyone, this is my first post here on third tri...

It does suck and it is terribly hot, but I wouldn't give it up for the world! 

Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • Yeah but we late summer ladies can swim all summer, whereas those of you who are delivering cant! So there :-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"