December 2010 Moms

Comparing bump comments? w/PIP

Let me preface this by saying that I love my bump, I admit it seems a little out of control but I feel like it says "hey there is a healthy baby in there."

But I am getting a little self conscious when people think it is great to tell me "You are how far along!? Oh I was never even that big when I was that far along and I had twins! Or wow are you sure that is normal, you are so big"  Huh? 

Wondering if anyone else has experienced other people comparing your bump size to what theirs was? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Comparing bump comments? w/PIP

• I think people tend to "mis-remember" those sort of things. In fact I'm pretty sure they exagerate anything they tell you so that you'll pay attention to them. My co-worker(who I don't really like) tries to bond with me about pregnancy, and all she does is compare her preganancy from 2 yrs ago with me now. It's kind of annoying, but my officemate says that co-worker is prob just jealous b/c now I'm getting more attention. We work in a super small office and she was the only one with a kid. Not anymore!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will add that these people clearly don't seem to realize I am 4'10" and will clearly carry much differently than them since they all tower over me. lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, first of all, you look adorable.

I had 1 lady say to me, "Oh, you're really popping out- I didn't get that big that fast with mine..." I looked at her and said, "Would it be appropriate for me to pick apart your looks and tell you what I think is better about me than you?" She shut up really quickly.

I don't put up with people saying stupid sh!t. You wouldn't just walk up to a random person on the street and say, "Wooow your @ss is getting big!" Why is it cool just because someone's pregnant? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Personally I think you look great!!! I too have a very early and very large bump and have moments where I feel self conscious about it but I am trying to be more proud than anything. We are all different, your pregnancy is yours and yours alone and it is perfect! ; )

OMG my stomach just totally flip flopped - crazy or was that baby? 

• lrn327lrn327 member
    You look great!  I know what you mean though, my bump is about the same size and I get those comments ALL the time.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsNoPhun, you are so cute! I love the sweater you have on.

I don't know why people lose their filter when it comes to making comments that are pregnancy/baby/parenting related. It baffles me.

• Just remember that everyone looks different to begin with, so why not during pregnancy?  It's unfortunate that stupid people are allowed to open their mouths and make comments without a censor or "approve" button beforehand. 

Here is my bump-a-lump from 16w0d (last week, top picture) and 17w1d (today, bottom picture):

Pardon today's outfit.  I just got done mowing the back yard and was sweating profusely under my boobs.  Attractive, I know. 

Please do not let idiots bring you down about your bump size! 

• imagechardosha:

I am loving the bump pics!

I am also carrying a little *big* and I am getting those obnoxious comments.  I am waiting for a really obnoxious one before I let loose with my new and improved pregnancy temper!

It should be legal to slap others in public.  I'm thinking we'd enjoy pregnancy so much more if this were allowed...  Or there should be a "SHUT THE F UP" button you could carry around and push (like the easy button from Staples), like when people rambled on about their easy deliveries or the horror stories.  You could get the button at your first OB appointment.  It'd be awesome.

• On the other end of the spectrum, I wish I had a baby bump so bad. Everyone just says, you are 4 months? You don't even look pregnant. It kind makes me feel like a faker or something.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I got it a lot last time and this time!! This time it's "oh you're showing so much sooner!" and I'm NOT! I popped really early with DS too. Annoying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagerainydayluck:
    On the other end of the spectrum, I wish I had a baby bump so bad. Everyone just says, you are 4 months? You don't even look pregnant. It kind makes me feel like a faker or something.

i feel the same way...my best friend popped at 13 weeks, so far, i just feel chubby...

^..^ Visit The Nest! Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Oh my gosh you guys looks so darn cute!!!! Mine is creeping up slowly but surely.
  • I am 5 foot 7 and I swear our bellies look the same! I'll post a pic tomorrow from last weekend. You look absolutely adorable! Pay no mind to what others say!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• JaGirlJaGirl member
    imageMrsNoPhun:

I will add that these people clearly don't seem to realize I am 4'10" and will clearly carry much differently than them since they all tower over me. lol

Yeah I'm 4'11 and I've been getting the same comments. My response is usually: "yes I'm carrying bigger than you were, and no, I'm not having twins".

• i  get the opposite. Im not showing at all (unless i eat alot of food i look like im showing) but i get the " are you sure your 4 months? shouldnt you be showing?"  now granted ive always had curvy hips and a stomach before i got pregnant ( but not big enough to completely hide a pregnancy )but i do look exactly the same. it bothers me when people tell me that and im sooo jealous of all your bumps. you look healthy and happy. Pregnant women are beautiful and people need to shut their traps with the negative or comparing comments.

• I was really big with DS, when I was 7 months a woman came up to me in BabiesRUs with a shocked looked on her face and asked me how far along I was, when I told her, she gasped-"oh my dear you look like you are ready to POP!" I looked her dead in the face and said "well there are 4 of them in there" she turned around and walked away. It felt really good to have a comeback right there and not on my way back to the car :)

Just remember as long as you are healthy, your baby is healthy who cares what anyone else says-especially strangers!!

DS ended up being 11lbs 4oz-so yes at 7 months I probably did look like I could deliver-but I felt wonderful!

• I think your girls bumps look beautiful. Some days mine looks bigger than others, so I guess that just means it is mostly bloat. I too am jealous of your beautiful bumps. I can't wait till I really pop and my bump gets harder...it is kinda like jelly now!
  • I'm with you!  See above Friday bump post.  I am 13 weeks and have an extremely noticeable bump and people are definitely saying things.  I try to just shrug it off as people trying to make conversation!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"