Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Head twitching while bf-ing?! GRR

I'm so at the end of my rope. LO has started a new thing the last week where he does a 'head twitching' (back and fourth, hands flipping all around, making animal noises) when we breastfeed. He latches on and off multiple times - just tried to feed and he did it 5x's in 8minutes -- which in return is hurting my BB's and I'm so upset I want to cry. I tried talking to DH and all he says is, "Well you better find a better income so we can afford formula." Thanks. That totally helps. And yea, we already make 'too much' for WIC (by $50.00 to be exact).

Wth is going on with LO? I see his pedi on Friday and I'll ask her then, too - -but does anyone else have experience with this?

Re: Head twitching while bf-ing?! GRR

• DD does this with her bottle every feed - almost like she thrashes her head back and forth? Not sure why she does it...she mostly does it during the first 5-10 mins of the feed, almost like she's impatient or something. Very frustrating...she did this at the breast too (now I pump and bottle feed due to latching issues).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsBraun:
    DD does this with her bottle every feed - almost like she thrashes her head back and forth? Not sure why she does it...she mostly does it during the first 5-10 mins of the feed, almost like she's impatient or something. Very frustrating...she did this at the breast too (now I pump and bottle feed due to latching issues).

Yup, exactly. And I can't handle it much longer. He cries and cries afterwards b.c I stop the feeding. My BB's can only handle so much latching and re-latching and then I have to give them a break. DH doesn't understand and unfor. no friends/family members have ever breastfed so they don't understand either!

• Loading the player...
  • My LO did the same thing a few times.  The first time was because I had an overactive letdown.  I started pumping alittle before I feed him to help.  Then it was because he was gassy, so I had to frequently stop to burp him.  I would talk to a lactation consultant. It can be frustrating and hard to stay relaxed when

it happens but stay with it and hopefully it's a phase/stage

that will pass. Good luck!

• Have you considered pumping and bottle feeding to give yourself a break? I know, BFing takes a lot of dedication...I've had a lot of family tell me to give it up (I've had a rough go, that's for sure), but I'm committed - right now the pumping is the way to go for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO does this too.  I remember my first two also did this.  Not sure why, I just figured it was a normal thing and have just suffered through the pain of latching and re-latching. 
  • epona3epona3 member
    DD does this.  I usually think it's b/c she's not really hungry or gassy, tho, so I try other things to get her to stop crying or calm her down before offering the boob again.  Usually if she's actualy hungry she latches on and eats lik a little piggy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageepona3:
    DD does this.  I usually think it's b/c she's not really hungry or gassy, tho, so I try other things to get her to stop crying or calm her down before offering the boob again.  Usually if she's actualy hungry she latches on and eats lik a little piggy.

This....

The pedi said it may be that she is not hungry and I find that if I take her off the breast,burp her and try again she latches and eats better...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"